Jump to content
DurhamStance

Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

Recommended Posts

What in the name of dead link garbage is this thread?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southsider2k5 said:

But in the name of dead link garbage is this thread?

i'm not good with the technologies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He removed his profile picture, which I believe was a picture of him in a Sox uniform.

Probably nothing, as 99/100 times we read too much into cryptic social media posts it turns out to mean nothing.

But if the Sox get anything of value for Yermin in a trade, I'm down for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

He removed his profile picture, which I believe was a picture of him in a Sox uniform.

Probably nothing, as 99/100 times we read too much into cryptic social media posts it turns out to mean nothing.

But if the Sox get anything of value for Yermin in a trade, I'm down for that.

Looks like he removed everything Sox related. Maybe he's about to get traded, or maybe the reports of his attitude are correct. Perhaps both.

But apparently there are people on the internets saying retiro translates to something closer to "vacation" than "quit"

Edited by mqr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would probably be in his best interest to be traded..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

 

Wow, yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Sheets & Burger’s emergences, trading Yermin makes all the sense in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

NSC was hinting at Yermin & Lopez to the Marlins for Yimi Garcia.

I’ve heard the Marlins GM Kim Ng is interested in Yermin.

Both (Lopez) have a good opportunity at playing time / revitalizing their careers down there, Yermin with the DH once baseball resumes post CBA.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ve heard the Marlins GM Kim Ng is interested in Yermin.

Both (Lopez) have a good opportunity at playing time / revitalizing their careers down there, Yermin with the DH once baseball resumes post CBA.

They did try to trade for him in the off season, so it seems to make sense that there could be a match here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Get this BOZO out of here.  What a temper tantrum millennial.   Last picture is him in a LeBron jersey... what a coincidence!

No need to throw a tantrum :cool:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe retiro in spanish means pregnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see if he's in the lineup tonight for Charlotte. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They did try to trade for him in the off season, so it seems to make sense that there could be a match here.

Honestly if they think he can catch a little bit (get a bulk of the DH at bats next year if NL gets a DH), ship him there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can turn Yermin and a 40 man spot (Reylo) into Yimi Garcia, color me interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Spanish is very rusty, but just googling phrases I don't come up with 'el retiro' as I retire, or have retired.  Can anyone with a better understanding of Spanish nuance shed any light?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If we can turn Yermin and a 40 man spot (Reylo) into Yimi Garcia, color me interested. 

Yeah I think we would all pull the trigger on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I will root for Yermin until the end of his career. He has worked his ass off in the minirs for a decade. He also carried the whole team on his back the first 6 weeks. 
 

I hope he catches on somewhere. Burger and Sheets , not only because of their good starts with the bat, but also because of their ability to play a defensive position have pretty much buried him on the depth chart.

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

My Spanish is very rusty, but just googling phrases I don't come up with 'el retiro' as I retire, or have retired.  Can anyone with a better understanding of Spanish nuance shed any light?

Mine is non-exsistent, but google translate does give me this.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×