Mazara starting season on IL?

joejoesox

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Quarantine made me completely forget Mazara was a thing. 

I have been looking forward to seeing Mazara on a regular basis.  Met a guy who played with him in the Dominican and he claimed we are going to be ecstatic with how good he is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

As long as they let Madrigal on the opening day roster this is fine. Leury is probably as good as Mazara anyway.

Agreed but do you really think they'll do that? I think they'll just go Engel in RF and Leury at 2B. Which is far from ideal, IMO

2 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Is Engle a superior defensive CF to Robert?  If Mazara is out for a while, why not let Engle start in CF and give Robert the easier defensive assignment to ease into the MLB

Probably not, once you factor in their arms. When it comes to speed/range/highlight catches, I'd imagine they're pretty similar.

36 minutes ago, fathom said:

Especially with Twins and Indians right off the bat.  Engel is going to see some very tough righties.

With those two teams, Engels defense will be more important than Mazara's bat. Engel may also hit decently for a few weeks if need be. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

With those two teams, Engels defense will be more important than Mazara's bat. Engel may also hit decently for a few weeks if need be. 

Yeah, with the way the offense is looking, I think I like hiding Engel's bat in the line up, especially if Leury is going to start the season at 2B while Nick "works on some things" for a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

How much better is Holt/Maybin than Engel/Garcia?

Engel makes peanut shells. Leury and Holt each makes $3.25.  I think Leury is a little better in that I don't think Holt ever plays CF.