4-19 GT: Sox @ Boston (10:10am)

19 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

Are you guys really embarrassed by this?  It's saving the bullpen.  And I will say... Mercedes and Mendick have done a decent job.

look I get the intention to concede the game and not tax the pen, but why risk injury? These guys don’t know how to field the position and pitching is unnatural to them at this stage of their career. I know it’s “part of the game” or whatever but I don’t think pitching should be something that you just throw a position player into on a whim. Heuer last pitched Friday, why not throw him 1 inning? Bummer threw 1 inning this series, why not throw him? 

Edited by Greg Hibbard

I guess the thing that makes me mad about this is we have Rodon going tomorrow coming off of pitching a nearly perfect game, Cleveland’s offense is scuffling this season and yet we are treating this bullpen with kid gloves. Why? Rodon can go deep tomorrow. All of our starters can go deep. 

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'm going to go with pitch tipping (even if just for my own sanity).  There's not having your best stuff and then there's....that.  I know he wasn't hitting his spots, but I wouldn't be surprised if we hear Lucas say he was tipping sometime in the next couple of days. 

Seems like it could have been a mechanical issue

https://mobile.twitter.com/JERRYRElNSDORF/status/1384215166439489536

I didn't watch the game so I can only lament the box score. What happened to Gio? It seems in modern baseball, good pitchers are capable of horrendous outings way more than in the past. Are hitters that good nowadays that pitchers are going to get hammered every once in a while?