AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Seems like a very good win. Missed it all do to a family function. 

Did something happen to grandal since Collins came in???

Nothing noticeable in game but announced a “leg injury” severity unknown

I can't remember this many kids coming up and succeeding this quickly.

Very small sample size, but man is it nice after watching every big prospect the last 20 years "struggle" to get acclimated.  

Why are they coming up in waves without really having a drop off?  Is it the teams winning environment?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, black jack said:

I can't remember this many kids coming up and succeeding this quickly.

Very small sample size, but man is it nice after watching every big prospect the last 20 years "struggle" to get acclimated.  

Why are they coming up in waves without really having a drop off?  Is it the teams winning environment?

Better drafting philosophy in recent years and a tighter instruction road map. Having the Schaumburg site last year really helped also.

• Like 1

Can't help but be excited after that game. Vaughn's catch and blast; Sheets just pounding that high fastball, my gosh; Burger two hits (yeah the one was weird); Only gave up two runs. Who'd have thought coming into the year that on July 2 the heroes would be Andrew Vaughn, Goodwin and Sheets to go with Lynn. WOW.

Very happy for Vaughn and Sheets. Hopefully they'll keep it up. Cmon Sheets, Yermin did it for six weeks; stay hot.

Stone was on fire tonight; what a great job as analyst. Are u folks sure they are broadcasting the games off TV? Damn I'd think that would be so difficult. Jason was right on top of all the exciting plays as if he were there.

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Gavin and Burger both look the part. 

I was very against the Burger selection in the draft. Hope I'm wrong. I will be the first to acknowledge the 'eye test' on Burger is sensational. He looks like one of those guys who is "hitterish" as Hawk would say. I thought that of Yermin, too, however. Just seems like Burger is a natural hitter to at least make contact. And Sheets? He looks like a star in the making like a lefthanded Dale Murphy. Again .,. so did Yermin. We.Shall.See. I'd think Sheets, Burger and Vaughn could sell some tickets to go with Eloy, Robert, Timmy, Moncada and Abreu.

Edited by greg775