Trevor Story

soxfan49

30 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You gotta stop reading that trash.  That guy made the most vague bullshit statement about Story getting traded And people treat it like gold.  he is saying that a 2022 free agent on a dog shit team is gonna get traded somewhere soon but he doesn't know specifics, come on.  This isn't news, everyone knows he is gonna be traded 

Right. It's really not that hard to be a pretend insider.

You look at the teams likely to sell and if they have expiring contracts (or another year left of control), look at the holes on good teams, and then when a deal doesn't come together you just say selling team was asking for too much.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

Anyone catch the bit on the ESPN feed last night while Story was batting during the Derby? They had someone on reporting that the Rockies explicitly told teams that they would not listen to offers on Story until after the ASG, but then acknowledged everyone expects him to move.

The curious bit was that Ravich's next line was about how teams will certainly be interested in him and specifically mentioned the White Sox as the type of team that might be interested. Didn't mention anyone else. Probably just a throw-away line from Ravich but I found it interesting that he mentioned us and no one else; he didn't have to do that.

In terms of impact v. cost v. fit I'd take Frazier, Marte, Story in that order. Story with the QO tied to him means the Rox will need something decent back in return. I'm okay with a Stiever, Adolfo, type package. Would shy away from Kelley or Burger in a package. Burger intrigues me. Was a pure bat in college and 4 years later, without really even picking up a bat for 2 years of that, he was top 5 in OPS in AAA (with not playing above what, single A before that) and holdign his own in the majors. There's something to be said about that. 

10 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

In terms of impact v. cost v. fit I'd take Frazier, Marte, Story in that order. Story with the QO tied to him means the Rox will need something decent back in return. I'm okay with a Stiever, Adolfo, type package. Would shy away from Kelley or Burger in a package. Burger intrigues me. Was a pure bat in college and 4 years later, without really even picking up a bat for 2 years of that, he was top 5 in OPS in AAA (with not playing above what, single A before that) and holdign his own in the majors. There's something to be said about that. 

If you're only willing to give up is Stiever/Adolfo types, you're not getting any of Frazier, Marte, or Story.  

edit: Maybe you could get Marte.  But hard no on Frazier with secondary 40 man garbage stuff.  Story obviously isn't going to cost an arm and a leg, but I think would require at least Burger ++. 

Edited by ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If you're only willing to give up is Stiever/Adolfo types, you're not getting any of Frazier, Marte, or Story.  

edit: Maybe you could get Marte.  But hard no on Frazier with secondary 40 man garbage stuff.  Story obviously isn't going to cost an arm and a leg, but I think would require at least Burger ++. 

How much of Blackmons' remaining $$$ a team is willing to take on is the biggest trade capital a team has for Story.

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Semi-related, but if there's one team I'd enjoy seeing Adolfo on that's not the Sox, it's Colorado. 

22 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Right. It's really not that hard to be a pretend insider.

The current generation of fake insiders had or have someone in the accounting department or an outside firm that doesn't accounting for the Sox.  I guess that is technically an insider.

BUT they can't help themselves, they can't just report the good stuff.  They constantly speculate and lump it together with their actual scoops.  It is 98% them guessing, 2% confirmation of rumors because they've seen the paperwork.

The vibe around these parts is people are pretty much over the insider crowd... which is a good thing.

19 minutes ago, Pal said:

How much of Blackmons' remaining $$$ a team is willing to take on is the biggest trade capital a team has for Story.

For Story?  That would be a terrible move.  Bring someone like Marquez with, now we can talk about a deal.

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

We wouldn't have enough for Story + Marquez.  

I would absolutely take Blackmon on if we got Story for nothing. Solves 2 holes.

Except Blackmon sucks balls and is paid like a star.  I'd rather just go get Escobar for next to nothing, and sign a legit LH RF this offseason for the money we'd be paying Blackmon.  The White Sox absorbing ~$40-$45M for 2.5 seasons of Charlie Blackmon would be such a terrible use of resources.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

We wouldn't have enough for Story + Marquez.  

I would absolutely take Blackmon on if we got Story for nothing. Solves 2 holes.

We would handicap the team for years for a 2 month solution.  Pass.

Let me put it this way, Leury Garcia has a better OPS+ than Blackmon, at almost $20,000,000 less.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Except Blackmon sucks balls and is paid like a star.  I'd rather just go get Escobar for next to nothing, and sign a legit LH RF this offseason for the money we'd be paying Blackmon.  The White Sox absorbing ~$40-$45M for 2.5 seasons of Charlie Blackmon would be such a terrible use of resources.  

They wouldn't have to absorb the totality of the money owed.

1 minute ago, Pal said:

They wouldn't have to absorb the totality of the money owed.

Absorbing anything more than a few million bucks per season would be a terrible use of resources.  He sucks and is not a solution to anything, but rather a hinderance.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Absorbing anything more than a few million bucks per season would be a terrible use of resources.  He sucks and is not a solution to anything, but rather a hinderance.  

Like I said, unless it was part of a bigger deal that got the Sox a player that helps for the next few years, Blackmon is a non-starter in a trade.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like I said, unless it was part of a bigger deal that got the Sox a player that helps for the next few years, Blackmon is a non-starter in a trade.

Yeah, Marquez + Story + Blackmon + cash is at least something worth considering, but its a video game trade that has no real basis in reality.