Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

maxjusttyped

54 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

So am I, though not looking forward to watching every Eloy/Robert defensive play, at-bat, and baserunning episode with abject terror 😂

Robert started in CF last night so we will see if he is at DH today. When they are ready to play him in back to back games in the OF I'd like to see 1 in CF and the next one in RF.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Some think Engle would be nice in CF to protect Robert a little bit… I guess.

What are we protecting him from?

I thought the Sox are pretty rigid about not rushing people back from major injuries.  If they are playing it means they are ready to go full out.  

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I thought the Sox are pretty rigid about not rushing people back from major injuries.  If they are playing it means they are ready to go full out.  

This description does not match the 2021 White Sox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Some think Engle would be nice in CF to protect Robert a little bit… I guess.

This is true . He's not even playing back to back games in CF yet . We will see tonight. However any idiot knows you don't have to run as much in RF compared to CF. Common sense should tell anyone that there would be less strain then on his legs playing RF. Plus he has a stronger arm than Engel and RF is more suited to a strong arm. Since his 20 days is up soon I would like to see him in  the OF but not always CF in order to be sure that he continues not to be rushed while giving him rest or DH appearances less frequently since there are already more than enough DH candidates on the team.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

This description does not match the 2021 White Sox.

Exactly. Engel injury setbacks numerous times. Eloy strains a groin. Robert yet to play back to back games in the OF during his rehab stint. Is he just supposed to come up and start playing back to back games in CF when he hasn't done it yet in the rehab time.

If they are playing and ready to go full out why was Engel hurt over and over, why did Eloy get the groin strain, why hasn't Robert played back to back games in the OF yet ? Why was Engel once he finally was deemed healthy not playing 2 consecutive games  in a while ?

No one who has spent any significant time injured has yet to return and go full out. That's just ignorant and lazy thinking they could when there is all kinds of evidence to the contrary.

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Exactly. Engel injury setbacks numerous times. Eloy strains a groin. Robert yet to play back to back games in the OF during his rehab stint. Is he just supposed to come up and start playing back to back games in CF when he hasn't done it yet in the rehab time.

If they are playing and ready to go full out why was Engel hurt over and over, why did Eloy get the groin strain, why hasn't Robert played back to back games in the OF yet ? Why was Engel once he finally was deemed healthy not playing 2 consecutive games  in a while ?

No one who has spent any significant time injured has yet to return and go full out. That's just ignorant and lazy thinking they could when there is all kinds of evidence to the contrary.

These are completely expected setbacks for soft tissue lower body injuries and a guy that was basically on the shelf for 5 months with a torn pec.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

55 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

These are completely expected setbacks for soft tissue lower body injuries and a guy that was basically on the shelf for 5 months with a torn pec.

You sure? Let’s ask Vulture.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The Robert not playing back to back is part of the rehab. 

10 minutes ago, tray said:

Eloy will agree to DH some this year but he has repeated stated that he is not going to be a full time DH moving forward. Sorry.

Sorry, every White Sox player, including Eloy, has stated they will play wherever the White Sox ask them to play, to help the team.

Eloy's bat and health is the extent Eloy helps the team. He has missed 45% of games over his three seasons, primarily because he can't stay healthy in left field. He also sucks ass in left field.

To the extent it helps the team with lineup flexibility, he will see some time in left field. His feelings or demands will not play a role. He can sit out and sulk without pay until 2027, or he can play where the Sox pencil him in and get with the program.

• Like 1

Eloy has not hit well as a dh in a small sample size in his career. 0 hits so far this year. A lot of guys struggle with that transition, and an unhappy hitter may be an unproductive hitter. Once he is healthy, I hope he plays left field most of the time because we need his bat.

Just now, Timmy U said:

Eloy has not hit well as a dh in a small sample size in his career. 0 hits so far this year. A lot of guys struggle with that transition, and an unhappy hitter may be an unproductive hitter. Once he is healthy, I hope he plays left field most of the time because we need his bat.

Oddly enough, he also had zero hits from March until the middle of July as well.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

43 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Frank Thomas hated being DH. Just couldn't get in a rhythm.  Insisted on being at 1B until he broke his foot 

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

The Robert not playing back to back is part of the rehab. 

I understand that but I was responding to this.

"I thought the Sox are pretty rigid about not rushing people back from major injuries.  If they are playing it means they are ready to go full out."

Now I don't know if he meant the White Sox or the fact that they are playing in Charlotte therefore they should be "ready to go full out."

That comment also ignores the Engel situation where once he got back he also got reinjured and still isn't really going "full out" based upon the Sox not playing him in back to back games either. I know that could be part of a platoon situation since he is the weak side of the platoon and they never face lefties in back to back games.

Also once Robert gets back would you expect him to go "full out" and resume playing every day ?

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

"I thought the Sox are pretty rigid about not rushing people back from major injuries.  If they are playing it means they are ready to go full out."

Now I don't know if he meant the White Sox or the fact that they are playing in Charlotte therefore they should be "ready to go full out."

That comment also ignores the Engel situation where once he got back he also got reinjured and still isn't really going "full out" based upon the Sox not playing him in back to back games either. I know that could be part of a platoon situation since he is the weak side of the platoon and they never face lefties in back to back games.

Also once Robert gets back would you expect him to go "full out" and resume playing every day ?

If Engel is sitting because of injury concerns that's fine, but if he's sitting because of platoon reasons then that's asinine as his defense in CF far outweighs whatever marginal added offensive value Goodwin might give you.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Whether or not he can go full out will depend on how his body is reacting to the games in the minors. How sore is he the day after playing in the field.