ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

the entire game plan for this season was a failure... injuries happened but TLRs punting a game every week ended up being costly.

starting these two games at home would have been a big difference.

They built up the division lead during the injuries! That’s what I hope that we look back on in the future, not this narrative that injuries somehow affected this outcome. We are here now with The healthiest lineup we could’ve hoped for, and it isn’t making a damn difference

6 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

So cool man. Hope you cherish those memories

Yes sir, will never forget the joys the Sox gave especially in 50s and 60s GO GO years. 

Maybe this is wrong but I've been a Sox fan since 1952 and I feel like I deserve more than 1 World Championship in 70 years, put up with so many sleepless nights and a whole lot of heartbreak.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Just now, Flash Tizzle said:

They built up the division lead during the injuries! That’s what I hope that we look back on in the future, not this narrative that injuries somehow affected this outcome. We are here now with The healthiest lineup we could’ve hoped for, and it isn’t making a damn difference

they punted so many games this year... like at least 10 .... 

Just now, Marqhead said:

I understand this is a place for venting, but anyone that thinks any of KW, Hahn, or Tony isnt here next year is kidding themselves. 

I definitely think Hahn might go elsewhere if reports from last offseason are true

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

the level of fucking idiocy that this board can bring out never ceases to amaze.

Jose was 2-4 with an rbi today and yesterday had the only rbi.

so he strikes out in a game that was already over but he is the problem?

rofl

I think he was thinking of what the 'ole Hawk used to say.  Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it.

Just now, fathom said:

If HFA doesn’t matter, then why does someone like Yoan have no power on the road, etc?  I’m amazed at how many people are negating now much it means in terms of crowd support and performance.

they are just TLR supporters.. trying to act like it doesnt matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree, but Tony is a big roadblock to overcome whether home or away.  That being said, I ain’t quitting yet.

Imagine being a manager and knowing you have 5 fresh relievers and 1 who hasn't been successful on back to back and pitched yesterday and say to yourself, let's go get the former in the biggest moment of the game and season. It's honestly amazing. I can't get over it. I was cracking up

• Like 4
  • Fire 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Imagine being a manager and knowing you have 5 fresh relievers and 1 who hasn't been successful on back to back and pitched yesterday and say to yourself, let's go get the former in the biggest moment of the game and season. It's honestly amazing. I can't get over it. I was cracking up

It’s mind bottling 

• Haha 1

I just hope they aren't banking on Cespedes being ready after the ASB next year or something stupid. Engel is fine for defense, Leury should never see RF again, Vaughn and Sheets should not be in RF. Get someone who can play solid defense out there and can hit. Get a slugging 2B.

• Thanks 1

Just now, soulfly said:

I think he was thinking of what the 'ole Hawk used to say.  Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it.

we already debunked this theory earlier this year on a ronn thread.

down 9-4 is a clutch moment lol?  he could have hit a 3 run bomb and we would have still had a 95% chance of losing.

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

the entire game plan for this season was a failure... injuries happened but TLRs punting a game every week ended up being costly.

starting these two games at home would have been a big difference.

Agree.  Sox had the best home record in the AL and the worst away record of all playoff teams.  It was a no brainer that we needed to go for the HFA.  Too many Sunday lineup punts.  TLR though he was smarter than anyone.  Too much hubris.

7 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

the level of fucking idiocy that this board can bring out never ceases to amaze.

Jose was 2-4 with an rbi today and yesterday had the only rbi.

so he strikes out in a game that was already over but he is the problem?

rofl

He swings through a slightly elevated 96 up over the outside corner against Graveman and then proceeds to swing through 95 down the middle part of the plate?  Did you watch?  The only task this guy has is to hit, especially, to hit fastballs, and swinging through 2 straight fastablls in a row in those locations on the biggest stage of all?  

Yeah sorry Jose.  I like the regular seasons tats but you're a dead llama when it counts.  Go climb a hill and disappear on the other side if that's what you are going to do when it really counts.  Again, this is Graveman, this isn't the best the game has to offer.  See ya later.  I'd rather play a Sheets/Vaughn platoon and reallocate the $15M or whatever it is elsewhere at that point.

Edited by YourWhatHurts
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Just Goes to Show you how bad the division is when the likes Of Yermin, Nick Williams, Goodwin, Hamilton, Jake lamb, and etc. carried this team 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I definitely think Hahn might go elsewhere if reports from last offseason are true

078.JPG

Theo turned it down. Can he even leave? I thought he needs Jerry's permission, it's highly doubtful he is a lame duck contract wise.

Jerry stopped Kenny from a promotion opportunity when Toronto was interested in Kenny as their President.

jerry would block out of spite because he hates Cohen, and is pissed he couldn't block him in favor of A-Rod and J-Lo.

Edited by South Side Hit Men