Severino getting called up

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Never thought a contending team would see this many rookies making their ML debuts already this early in the season, but here we are.

The farm system may be ranked #30 in terms of prospect rankings, but it's #1 when it comes to TWTW

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Never thought a contending team would see this many rookies making their ML debuts already this early in the season, but here we are.

I don't mind if they can contribute at MLB level, but if relying on rookies is the only tactic then it will eventually bite us, especially as the farm shop shelves are pretty empty!

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Not sure I really understand this critique. We don’t have a single position player debuting as a rookie on this team, and the only debuts in my head have been banks and now severino. And considering rosters are at 28 that doesn’t seem out of step to any other roster let alone one with multiple injuries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Not sure I really understand this critique. We don’t have a single position player debuting as a rookie on this team, and the only debuts in my head have been banks and now severino. And considering rosters are at 28 that doesn’t seem out of step to any other roster let alone one with multiple injuries.

I know he seems like a vet at this point, but I believe Sousa debuted Opening Day.

• Like 2

Geez, tough crowd here. On one hand I hear Hahn signs too much vets in bullpen.  Now we are using too many MiLB bullpen arms. I kid to a point…

It seems like a great idea to test these guys out, hopefully in low leverage situations with the expanded rosters in April. I’m kind of surprised in Anderson Severino being the guy, especially since Hunter Schyver is a lefty with better, more consistent numbers in AAA.  But I say go with it and experiment and see if we can find some lightning in a bottle players for this season. It also may help in bringing that payroll down in future seasons if we can start utilizing cheaper bullpen arms. 

We need some discounted players so we can hope to sign Giolito or eventually Tim Anderson.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Geez, tough crowd here. On one hand I hear Hahn signs too much vets in bullpen.  Now we are using too many MiLB bullpen arms. I kid to a point…

It seems like a great idea to test these guys out, hopefully in low leverage situations with the expanded rosters in April. I’m kind of surprised in Anderson Severino being the guy, especially since Hunter Schyver is a lefty with better, more consistent numbers in AAA.  But I say go with it and experiment and see if we can find some lightning in a bottle players for this season. It also may help in bringing that payroll down in future seasons if we can start utilizing cheaper bullpen arms. 

We need some discounted players so we can hope to sign Giolito or eventually Tim Anderson.   

Being on the 40-man is important, which Schryver is not on.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SoxAce said:

17 major league pitchers made their MLB debut this weekend alone, besides the Sox the list includes NYY, SDP, HOU, STL all of which are contenders. Seattle is a contender also they will be starting. I believe SEA Matthew Brash will join that list if he starts against the Sox tomorrow as expected. Its the expanded rosters.

• Like 1

Meanwhile Cade McClure with another very good start. He could be a factor in the near future. I see Johnny Quest was working out at home but I hope he is pitching somewhere soon.

• Like 1