6/11 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 1:10

flavum

18 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

The way Yoan has (or hasn't) been hitting, it doesn't make sense for this team to have him at 3B when you already have a black hole hitting at 2B.  Plus moving Burger to DH forces Vaughn to the OF where his defense is lacking and also forces Pollock or Engel to the bench.  It also stunts Burger's defensive development at 3B.

Face it, for whatever reason Yoan has (or should have) lost his starting 3B job and should have to earn it back.  Maybe an unforseen and unfortunate injury, or Burger turning out to be a flash in the pan will allow him back into the starting job at 3B but right now it's either 2B or the bench for him if he remains on the 26 man roster.

So you really don't think Burger could play second better than Yoan? I think he could be an All Star there.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Or even Ruiz.  Man Crick is bad bad bad.

Know it can’t be Lopez.

I like Crick quite a bit more than some of the lefties we’ve thrown out there (Severino, Banks, Sousa). Nice to have 2 lefties in the pen, but woof Sousa has gotta go like the other 2 did. 

Just now, Texsox said:

So you really don't think Burger could play second better than Yoan? I think he could be an All Star there.

If Yoan doesn't start hitting it's all a mute point. He can't be in the lineup with the numbers he currently has. He could be batting sub .100 within the next week. His OBP is .183. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Jake Burger would be a horrific 2B. I’m not opposed to trying it out but it’s gonna be bad and probably not something you can do with any regularity. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I like Crick quite a bit more than some of the lefties we’ve thrown out there (Severino, Banks, Sousa). Nice to have 2 lefties in the pen, but woof Sousa has gotta go like the other 2 did. 

Don’t think Crick is a lefty!

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

How much did you actually watch him play there at Charlotte?  Are you just basing that primarily on his offense?

Edited by caulfield12

22 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I doubt it.  He never played there before and I wouldn't want to mess with the guy when he's been doing so well and is still adjusting to the Major Leagues.  That's not how you develop a promising young player.

I'm not certain it helps Moncada break out of a slump either. 

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

You rotate giving guys days off, using each of these combinations:

Moncada 3B, Vaughn DH, Eloy LF, Pollock RF

Burger 3B, Vaughn DH, Eloy LF, Pollock RF

Moncada 3B, Burger DH, Eloy LF, Vaughn RF

Moncada 3B, Burger DH, Pollock LF, Vaughn RF

Moncada 3B, Burger DH, Eloy LF, Pollock RF

Pollock doesn't have the arm to play RF.  Why does the worst hitter on the team get forced into four of the five combinations?

Best would be Pollock/Vaughn/Eloy LF, Robert CF, Engel RF, Burger 3b, Anderson SS, Mendick/Moncada 2B, Abreu/Vaughn 1B, Whatever C, Eloy/Vaugh/Abreu DH

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Jake Burger would be a horrific 2B. I’m not opposed to trying it out but it’s gonna be bad and probably not something you can do with any regularity. 

Yea I don't think he can cover the ground you need to at 2B. He is much more suited to 3B where he doesn't have to cover as much. Especially with TA at short helping him. He just needs to make the plays he is supposed to make. If he keeps hitting like this over the next 3  weeks you have to find a permanent place for him. 

Just now, brijames1957 said:

Yea I don't think he can cover the ground you need to at 2B. He is much more suited to 3B where he doesn't have to cover as much. Especially with TA at short helping him. He just needs to make the plays he is supposed to make. If he keeps hitting like this over the next 3  weeks you have to find a permanent place for him. 

DH is the spot. Figure it out when Eloy returns. These things tend to take care of themselves. 

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Pollock doesn't have the arm to play RF.  Why does the worst hitter on the team get forced into four of the five combinations?

Best would be Pollock/Vaughn/Eloy LF, Robert CF, Engel RF, Burger 3b, Anderson SS, Mendick/Moncada 2B, Abreu/Vaughn 1B, Whatever C, Eloy/Vaugh/Abreu DH

Everybody is in 4 of the 5 combinations. That doesn't mean you use them all equally. All of them have a defensive weakness at 1-2 spots. There is no ideal lineup with the group of players currently on the roster.