Rick Hahn - Mastermind of Failure

Harry Chappas

I am all for firing Tony LaRussa but is this roster and organization really set up to win multiple championships?   Tony is a failure but is he the only one? 

I view this organization as floundering.  They hit on enough prospects to stay afloat because they play in the worst division in baseball.

The fact that this organization cannot succeed in the AL Central is embarrassing.  There is no large revenue team in this division yet the White Sox struggle to win 82 games in this division.  The Indians and Twins are organizations that will do enough to succeed more times than not and the Royals and Tigers will have decent years.  The White Sox could be the worst run of the five. 

Maybe Hahn did win the three big rebuild trades and if so, great, but he has done nothing to build upon that.  He handed out contracts to unproven players that now look like terrible deals.  He built  a roster that has flaws and then placed a coaching staff around them that exasperated these flaws. 

Maybe Williams and JR are still running things and Hahn is just the mouthpiece.  If so, nothing is changing.  Maybe TLR is calling more shots in regard to player signings than we thought and if so makes Hahn even more irrelevant.

Sadly I don't see anything changing.  The carrot remains out there.  I renewed a 20 game plan and after SF I began chasing it again.  Now I foolishly walk away with it swinging on the stick for another week or two when I maybe think about them again.

I personally watched Tanner Banks blow a huge lead earlier this season and if that was not bad enough I the first ever 8-5 triple play. All while watching a singles offense try and generate runs without walking or hitting any extra base hits.

This organization is a shit show.   

But he injuries yes the injuries.  They will happen and happen again the players they have invested in are injury prone.  Moncada, Jimenez, Robert, Kopech and Anderson.

Maybe Abreu has realized this and that is why he is ready to leave.  Maybe he looks at this team and realized it is floundering and while he busts his ass day in and day, half the roster is told to take it easy and not really try to hard because you are injury prone.

What an epic failure. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

Hahn seems like the Renteria of GMs. Fine with handling the rebuilding teams, but absolutely not who you want handling the contending teams.

Looking forward to Jerry brining in the TLR equivalent to replace Hahn in the offseason. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Scary af. 

Honestly, at this point, a completely different perspective can't hurt.  Would be interesting to see a whole new regime come in that isn't particularly tied to any of these players and what they would do.  

That said, totally understand the concern that JR would fuck this up too. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Honestly, at this point, a completely different perspective can't hurt.  Would be interesting to see a whole new regime come in that isn't particularly tied to any of these players and what they would do.  

That said, totally understand the concern that JR would fuck this up too. 

I'm convinced that it would either stay the same or get even worse. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm convinced that it would either stay the same or get even worse. 

Well that's not surprising coming from you.  Its gotta be exhausting living your life that way man.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 2

Hahn is a symptom of the problem. Big changes should have been made in this organization back in 2011, and it didn't happen. Instead, we got Robin Ventura and then Tony LaRussa. We know who is in charge. The wagons are circling. All we can hope for at the moment is that the team finally starts hitting. But, even with that, the long-term future doesn't look good.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Hahn seems like the Renteria of GMs. Fine with handling the rebuilding teams, but absolutely not who you want handling the contending teams.

Looking forward to Jerry brining in the TLR equivalent to replace Hahn in the offseason. 

My crazy prediction this winter was that Kenny does indeed finally step down, and Tony steps into his role.  I have yet to see anything that is preventing that from happening, in fact it would be the perfect "exit strategy" to keep him from resigning or being fired, while still leaving graciously.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Even more scary is the thought of Jerry replacing Hahn with TLR 😩

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

My crazy prediction this winter was that Kenny does indeed finally step down, and Tony steps into his role.  I have yet to see anything that is preventing that from happening, in fact it would be the perfect "exit strategy" to keep him from resigning or being fired, while still leaving graciously.

That is by far the worst case scenario for Sox fans, and sadly the most likely scenario.

If Tony remains in his current role, the daily travel / work til midnight grind will continue to break him down physically (he’s already gone mentally). While he may desire staying until he passes Connie Mack, it’s highly unlikely he can physically last beyond a few more years.

Tony can survive in the FO beyond Jerry’s stepping down/passing, perhaps into the 2030s. The Sox would likely destroy the remaining fanbase irrevocably after several plus more years of sustaining this embarrassing debacle.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let's hope you are right. But what ex-Sox player will be named as manager?

Just now, Highland said:

Let's hope you are right. But what ex-Sox player will be named as manager?

I know it’s a long shot at best, but if they keep the same group of players, is there any doubt Ozzie is a great fit for this roster? He’s older, but not old. Knows baseball. Can communicate well with most of the players. I think he deserves another shot because they have nothing to lose at this point.

Just now, wegner said:

I'm all for giving LaRussa one of those "ambassador" spots to get him out of the dugout but the problem is those ambassadors are people that are actually liked by White Sox fans.  

Fuck that shit. Tar and feather his ass out of town. 

• Love 2

57 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well that's not surprising coming from you.  Its gotta be exhausting living your life that way man.  

Extremely surprising to know that the guy who thinks a constant rebuild every two years is that ideal would say a new front office is scary af and follow that by saying everything would be the same or a little worse 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Fuck that shit. Tar and feather his ass out of town. 

Have you seen the prices of tar and feather these days?!!  There's no way Uncle Jerry spends that and the final year of TLR's contract.

• Haha 3

1) I wrote JR a few letters in the past requesting to be interviewed for the GM job. I never heard back from him. Perhaps I should write him another letter. 2) Assuming this team doesn't get into the playoffs this year this off season could get very interesting. From what I can see you could probably get a good return for the following players: Anderson, Vaughn, Robert, Cease and Hendriks.  I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Anderson.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Extremely surprising to know that the guy who thinks a constant rebuild every two years is that ideal would say a new front office is scary af and follow that by saying everything would be the same or a little worse 

Doesn’t compute. But that’s just how Jack rolls. 

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

1) I wrote JR a few letters in the past requesting to be interviewed for the GM job. I never heard back from him. Perhaps I should write him another letter. 2) Assuming this team doesn't get into the playoffs this year this off season could get very interesting. From what I can see you could probably get a good return for the following players: Anderson, Vaughn, Robert, Cease and Hendriks.  I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Anderson.

Ok who is your first signing that would have made them contenders.  I believe last time it was Tyler Chatwood that would have turned around the season. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Ok who is your first signing that would have made them contenders.  I believe last time it was Tyler Chatwood that would have turned around the season. 

Here comes more Cubs to the rescue..