Nightengale: Sox have clubhouse issues

chw42

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Leury is clearly Iron Man in TLR's mind. After all, he's a genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist. 

But then TLR would ramble on how Iron Man is the Alter Ego of Black Panther so Leury can play them both.

3 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Nightengale’s sources are in FO, possibly JR himself.  May be an attempt to blame players instead of management.

I think this is probably Kenny saying the mgr is an issue and he set a tone that has everyone out of control. I dont think this absolves a manager - one of the mgrs biggest jobs is managing the lockerroom. 

Now if there are issues - front office has to be aware of it too and figure out how to right size things as well. But to me this just confirms what we all know - TLR has no control inside and than with that it probably creates so much more strife as well - some of which a new mgr won’t solve because the complete shit they had created a stink fest. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I think the leak comes from JR trying to deflect blame off of TLR right before an 8 game in 7 night stretch against the two teams ahead of you in the standings, so if and when everything goes south over the next week JR can look back and blame the players not the HOF manager.

I think LaRussa is gone at the all star break if they don’t go on a big run and at this point I still wouldn’t be surprised if they make a decent shake up at the break either way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Typically, the managers and coaches stay out if the clubhouse and let the players run it. So they probably assume people will just agree with it.

The only new players really are Pollock and Harrison.  So either they are the cause or the clubhouse wasn't as good as reported in years past. Or that's what they want people to believe anyway.

I actually think Eloy is a big part of this - meaning Eloy not being there was a big deal. He is a phenomenal teammate and keeps things loose. 

Also - Harrison has always been known as an all around good dude. No nothing about pollock (either way), but I do think losing combined with a 2nd year of horeshit mgr and No Eloy was probably a thing. 

• Like 3

Feel like in the end it comes down to accountability. The owner gifted the manger with the most talented young team in baseball after his second DUI, accountability doesn’t exist in this organization so why would the players feel it. This team needs a major surgery, one that potentially requires bigger names to be moved, not just a new manager. 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Feel like in the end it comes down to accountability. The owner gifted the manger with the most talented young team in baseball after his second DUI, accountability doesn’t exist in this organization so why would the players feel it. This team needs a major surgery, one that potentially requires bigger names to be moved, not just a new manager. 

How do you make major personnel moves without first determining if those players would respond better to a different voice, like in Philly?

Then there's the 50/50 possibility things continue to go south, like with the LA Angels situation...a swing of nearly twenty games overall above to below .500.

At least then you know.

Edited by caulfield12

55 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Moncada getting jealous of TA? There are plenty of women out there for the both of them it would seem 

They might be chasing or banging the same IG model.

And though I use the term IG model a lot on here, to be honest, I don't even know what that is. 

55 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Harrison is one of the few players who really seems to care about winning.

Maybe they're saying his actions and play don't match.

Pollock has never seemed to be a good fit.  At best his body language this year has mostly been indifferent.

And who does Pollock usually hang out with in the dugout? Vaughn? Sheets?

Pollock doesn't look to be having a lot of fun playing this year. Maybe that is how he always has been but he just doesn't look to be having a great time out there. 

23 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think this is probably Kenny saying the mgr is an issue and he set a tone that has everyone out of control. I dont think this absolves a manager - one of the mgrs biggest jobs is managing the lockerroom. 

Now if there are issues - front office has to be aware of it too and figure out how to right size things as well. But to me this just confirms what we all know - TLR has no control inside and than with that it probably creates so much more strife as well - some of which a new mgr won’t solve because the complete shit they had created a stink fest. 

I don’t know, I kind of find it hard to believe it would be KW unless he’s ready to bounce and retire.  Unless he wants to burn it all down on the way out, it feels 100% JR to me.  It’s way too coherent to come from TLR IMO.  

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t know, I kind of find it hard to believe it would be KW unless he’s ready to bounce and retire.  Unless he wants to burn it all down on the way out, it feels 100% JR to me.  It’s way too coherent to come from TLR IMO.  

I think it is two fold. One Kenny foreshadowing changes might happen and it goes for these reasons (maybe a major leaguer or two for other major leaguer deal) and two buying time for next offseason when they clean some of it up (if the new mgr they bring in doesn’t fix it). 

TLR looks awful in this leak and I don’t see JR as the person who would make TLR look bad in public. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think it is two fold. One Kenny foreshadowing changes might happen and it goes for these reasons (maybe a major leaguer or two for other major leaguer deal) and two buying time for next offseason when they clean some of it up (if the new mgr they bring in doesn’t fix it). 

TLR looks awful in this leak and I don’t see JR as the person who would make TLR look bad in public. 

I am still going with the hypothesis that they think because Nightengale said it was a lack of players’ leadership, they are out of touch enough to believe the manager comes out of this looking great. It’s those dastardly players like we said.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I am still going with the hypothesis that they think because Nightengale said it was a lack of players’ leadership, they are out of touch enough to believe the manager comes out of this looking great. It’s those dastardly players like we said.

And who exactly is responsible for the players?  In 40+ years, Jerry couldn't figure this out?

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And who exactly is responsible for the players?  In 40+ years, Jerry couldn't figure this out?

He’s probably senile enough to believe the fans would believe it had more to do with the players than his bff TLR

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

It doesn’t make TLR look great, but he’s done enough of that himself.  Placing so much blame directly on the players feels like a desperate attempt to deflect from that.  I’ll be overjoyed if it is KW taking shots at TLR if it finally signals coming changes, but that seems a bit too far fetched to me.  We know who the chairman is after all. 

I'm a Tony apologist but I'll tell u one thing. Tony deserves to have the players quit on him and have discord after giving up the other day down only six runs. People get on my guy Ozzie for giving up on that season when he negotiated with Miami (even though KW wanted him out) but Tony giving up down six says everything we need to know. He's saying the White Sox players cannot concoct the same rally concocted against them earlier this season (was it Cleveland that got six in the ninth or something to beat the Sox? Or some other team).

Yeah you aren't gonna win down six without help (some walks, a grand slam, then stringing a few more hits together) but it's a fricking joke to give up down six. It just is!!!!!

Why did he take TA out in the fifth? Missed that one today. Loafing? That would be another no no. You don't mess with the team's best player. Bye bye Tony.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1

45 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

When is the last time KW has said anything about the White Sox for public consumption?

Does anyone remember?  Circumstances?