7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

My two high school son's have written them off.  They got pretty fired up in 2019 and 2020 and last year was good but now they have moved to better things do.

This team just sucks so bad it is not entertaining to watch.  Watching players that don't give a shit is not entertainment. 

Yep my boys hardly even ask if they won anymore

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

The biggest reason the rebuild has failed is Eloy and Yoan aren’t the potential MVP caliber players they were supposed to be.  Eloy was supposed to be on par with Yordan Alvarez, if not better.   Yoan was supposed to be a 30/30 guy at the top of the order.  Timmy has overachieved from what the expectations were.

What a coincidence…all the young guys Hahn signed to extensions pre-arbitration have regressed 🤔🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Unfortunately, Tony is not the only problem with this team.

The lack of monetary support from the owner to fill holes on the roster is a problem. The gluttony of 1B/DH plodders is a problem. The empty farm system is a problem.

The future is not bright here.

The payroll was plenty big enough this year.  Hahn and Tony just spent it probably as inefficiently as humanly possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Not even close to this bad. Last year they could say they won the division.

They changed nothing after last season not a thing.  This is the exact same thing we saw in the second half of last season. 

They can saw they pulled back or what not and that is bullshit they were not good thisis how they played last year and why they got their asses kicked in the playoffs and did nothing to address it.  

Mediocre RHP shut this lineup down last year and are doing it again this year.  Nothing has changed.  

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

They changed nothing after last season not a thing.  This is the exact same thing we saw in the second half of last season. 

They can saw they pulled back or what not and that is bullshit they were not good thisis how they played last year and why they got their asses kicked in the playoffs and did nothing to address it.  

Mediocre RHP shut this lineup down last year and are doing it again this year.  Nothing has changed.  

Oh I agree with you, but we know the decision makers don’t 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

The biggest reason the rebuild has failed is Eloy and Yoan aren’t the potential MVP caliber players they were supposed to be.  Eloy was supposed to be on par with Yordan Alvarez, if not better.   Yoan was supposed to be a 30/30 guy at the top of the order.  Timmy has overachieved from what the expectations were.

Add Robert to that list. 

Just now, Snopek said:

Kind of amazing that we’re only halfway through the season. There’s still so much bad left to experience!

I hope it gets as bad as it can.

This owner, this FO, this manager, and this team deserve it.

We as fans who have spent a lot of money on this team during lean times don't deserve this 

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s hard to imagine a manager ever having a worse season that Tony.  Sucks on the field and players not getting along in the clubhouse.  He truly killed this franchise.

He's honestly been worse than I ever even thought was possible for a manager.

The guys are never prepared, they don't give good efforts, they play dumb baseball and never correct it... there's zero accountability. The team, that once got along great now has huge rifts. He never puts guys in positions to succeed, his strategic decisions are based on guys he personally likes more - instead of who is actually better.

It honestly feels like he's sabotaging the team on purpose.

I heard him say the other day that he never talks to players in his office because it's too confrontational and he doesn't like to call guys out individually. He calls things out in group settings, or talks to guys on the field in their comfort zone. It's honestly fucking hilarious. It's too mean to talk to guys one on one in his office so he doesn't do it. 

Just tuning in, but why the hell wouldn't you make the punt line-up in game 1 when you're facing Bieber and almost guaranteed to lose anyways?  Now we get to see a puke-worthy line-up in game 1 where we (in theory) had an actual fucking chance at winning a game.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

The payroll was plenty big enough this year.  Hahn and Tony just spent it probably as inefficiently as humanly possible.

They spend money like the Bears do.  The can say, hey look we spend but the coaching and organizational expenses are probably at he bottom of the barrel. 

The amount of money that Hahn pisses away is simply amazing. 

It kept the carrot out there nicely though so JR is happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

I hear ya, too bad those in charge of hiring and firing don't seem to agree.

There is one guy in charge of hiring and firing and at 86 years old is probably as mentally challenged as the guy he hired to manage this mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

I hope it gets as bad as it can.

This owner, this FO, this manager, and this team deserve it.

We as fans who have spent a lot of money on this team during lean times don't deserve this 

In fact my kids and i are going to Colorado to see this crappy pieces of shit play.  They don't deserve our support but I've already bought tickets and hotel 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's honestly been worse than I ever even thought was possible for a manager.

The guys are never prepared, they don't give good efforts, they play dumb baseball and never correct it... there's zero accountability. The team, that once got along great now has huge rifts. He never puts guys in positions to succeed, his strategic decisions are based on guys he personally likes more - instead of who is actually better.

It honestly feels like he's sabotaging the team on purpose.

I heard him say the other day that he never talks to players in his office because it's too confrontational and he doesn't like to call guys out individually. He calls things out in group settings, or talks to guys on the field in their comfort zone. It's honestly fucking hilarious. It's too mean to talk to guys one on one in his office so he doesn't do it. 

The most passionate we've seen TLR during this tenure with the White Sox is when he was absolutely burying his own player for hitting a home run when he wasn't supposed to. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

At this point, we either need to turn it around and win this division or there needs to be massive changes in the offseason. I am talking Tony and Hahn out.

If Abreu is back, I am trading Andrew Vaughn. I look it as a Carlos Lee trade only for a more controllable asset. Use Vaughn to get someone who is going to compliment the roster better and relieve the redundancy that is all over the place.

But we need a new front office for this, I don't want any part of this same regime retooling this mess.

• Like 2

Davis Martin about to BLOW up this inning to the hard hitting bottom of Cleveland order.

BTW- You all notice the AB's from the bottom of the Cleveland order.....they battle......while the clowns we support up and down the line-up swing at shit with no plate discipline.  

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still too early

Fair enough, but at least so far he's nowhere near the player we thought. He was supposed to be Alvarez with defense. 

Also Vaughn hasn't shown enough power but it's still early for him too. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

The most passionate we've seen TLR during this tenure with the White Sox is when he was absolutely burying his own player for hitting a home run when he wasn't supposed to. 

That makes no sense what so ever. You criticize in private and praise in public. In what world would someone think that its going to go over well calling people out in a group setting. This is management 101.

This is no way to repair this mess. Tony needs to be let go, these guys are never going to battle for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

At this point, we either need to turn it around and win this division or there needs to be massive changes in the offseason. I am talking Tony and Hahn out.

If Abreu is back, I am trading Andrew Vaughn. I look it as a Carlos Lee trade only for a more controllable asset. Use Vaughn to get someone who is going to compliment the roster better and relieve the redundancy that is all over the place.

But we need a new front office for this, I don't want any part of this same regime retooling this mess.

Unless new ownership comes in....this is all just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. I don't care if Hahn and Williams are gone, the new regime will have the same restraints. 

• Like 1