7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, whitesoxwin said:

No way will I hope for the White Sox to lose, can't do it. Even with a long losing streak there is no guarantee that any firings will be forthcoming.  I get it that fans are fed up with this team and they have every right to be but don't count me in as wanting the team to continue to lose.

What we don’t want is them thinking they need to make a move that will put them in an even worse position for future seasons. This season is trash. Keep losing the next two weeks and make some trades for the future. 

By all accounts, Hahn made a serious run at Wheeler.
Machado - no.  That was an embarrassing effort.

No one knows exactly  which, if any, of Hahn's numerous howlers were forced upon him.   The Leury contract smells of LaRussa, but otherwise, most of the moves have been Hahn-level stuff he's been doing for a long time.

But he's been GM for over a decade and he has had 2 winning seasons. He just needs to run along.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

of 49 ABs in this series, 31 have taken 3 pitches or less for the Sox.

Your 2022 Chicago White Sox....speeding up the game so Yoan can get out to the clubs sooner.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Sad coming into the game knowing they have zero shot against Bieber 

And Tony didn't have the guts to pitch Cease and go for the win in game 1, game 2 is meaningless at this point we needed to take two today and have failed right out of the box by not starting our best SP in game 1. (sorry just catching up on the comments from page 4)

Edited by A-Train to 35th
added sorry....
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

No one knows exactly  which, if any, of Hahn's numerous howlers were forced upon him.   The Leury contract smells of LaRussa, but otherwise, most of the moves have been Hahn-level stuff he's been doing for a long time.

But he's been GM for over a decade and he has had 2 winning seasons. He just needs to run along.

Hahns payroll is that of the Guardians and Twins combined, hes done a terrible job even if some things were forced on him. 

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Hahn is the GM of this team. All signings and trades are done by him. LaRussa may have some influence on players he wants, but I don't buy for a second that he was forced to sign Leury. He extended him, that's on Hahn.

Just now, T R U said:

Hahn is the GM of this team. All signings and trades are done by him. LaRussa may have some influence on players he wants, but I don't buy for a second that he was forced to sign Leury. He extended him, that's on Hahn.

IMO it simply doesn’t matter who’s pulling the strings anymore.  They’re both at fault. They both need to go.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Coming back to win the final two games of this series would be a welcome result and then let the chips fall where they may with the Twins.

I just.....don't see them winning the next 2.  But I love your optimism man.  This club I think has finally and officially slit the throat of mine.

11 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Hahn nearly succeeded in signing both Wheeler and Machado, yet here we are. 

If Sox sign Machado, both offense and defense improve.  Moncada stays at second, Sox don't draft the 3000-hit man Madrigal.  I wonder who we would have drafted in that spot?  This has probably been covered here before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

He did not extend him.  He was an official FA.

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

The manager was forced on the GM why wouldn’t you buy for a second that any player TLR wants was forced on him as well?

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I just.....don't see them winning the next 2.  But I love your optimism man.  This club I think has finally and officially slit the throat of mine.

I think they will continue to do just enough to give us faint hope.  Of course that is only because Minnesota just hasn't run away with it yet.