Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

4 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Yep, and this is a good reminder for folks that still think Ozzie should be the manager again of what will happen if he's given the stage.

Perfect case of Chicago's "backup quarterback" mentality where we think the next guy MUST be better than what we have, right??

We've seen Ozzie. We know Ozzie. We deserve better than Ozzie now.

How Ozzie quit was laughable, no doubt, but guy is only manager who has brought us a title so I'm not gonna pretend like I'd rather have la russa.

Ozzie is drama with fun. 

Right now we have drama with no fun. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

I would guess Hahn cannot be too thrilled.  I mean the implication is that erroneous information came from Rick since he just did an interview with Riordon.  But what do I know...I'm not some big time radio producer. 

Shane is friend with whitesoxdave, who is the all time Rick Hahn water carrier. I'm assuming wsd helped Shane get the Hahn interview. I also assume this is why most questions were softballs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, foxaparicio said:

I'd like to see Ozzie back...I don't care how it wound up when he left.. He actually cares about the White Sox...

Order of things Ozzie cares about:

1) Himself

206) The Chicago White Sox

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I would guess Hahn cannot be too thrilled.  I mean the implication is that erroneous information came from Rick since he just did an interview with Riordon.  But what do I know...I'm not some big time radio producer. 

Wouldn’t even call him big time.  Perhaps in his own head.  He is basically a nobody in the sports media ecosystem. 

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Wouldn’t even call him big time.  Perhaps in his own head.  He is basically a nobody in the sports media ecosystem. 

I guess nobodys are not too concerned about their reputation, huh?

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I guess nobodys are not too concerned about their reputation, huh?

If you saw him on the street would you know who he is?  Perhaps a nobody was too harsh.  But you get my meaning.  He’s been wrong before but still puts tweets Like that out. 

Edited by Tnetennba

2 hours ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

What about the Ozzie interview has people so mad?

Not mad, just thought it was hyped BS. Took 20 minutes to say not much of anything. A 1-2 minute twitter clip of something substantial is enough for me at this point, in terms of Score content. They're shifting to 90% Bears talk for the next 10 months, so no need to turn it on anymore.

I haven't agreed with the lineups all year but much of what has happened isn't Tony fault.

Plenty of people who hated him for his politics will pretend they are thrilled for baseball reasons of his firing. The reality is this team has way under achieved particular as it relates as to hitting and that is on the players but it's also on Tony for continuing to throw guys like Sheets out there when at least Engel would be giving you defense.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I haven't agreed with the lineups all year but much of what has happened isn't Tony fault.

Plenty of people who hated him for his politics will pretend they are thrilled for baseball reasons of his firing. The reality is this team has way under achieved particular as it relates as to hitting and that is on the players but it's also on Tony for continuing to throw guys like Sheets out there when at least Engel would be giving you defense.

Anyone that wants Tony gone wants him gone for baseball reasons.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

2 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

And that isn't partly down to bad management and coaching? One or two players underachieving could be down to the players but 6 or 7 players underachieving at the same time suggests it is more down to management and coaching, especially when the manager keeps trotting out the same underachieving players, sometimes even as leadoff hitter.

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

8 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

His politics mean nothing to me when it comes to how I feel about the job he is doing. Sure, I probably wouldn’t have hired someone for the two DUIs he had, but he’s had questionable decisions this year and the lineup construction has been inconsistent. 

I don’t care if he sits in his old man underwear, drinks his whiskey and watches Tucker after the game. I care about actual results.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

8 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

Nobody fucking cares about his politics here, this entire thread is about how bad of a manager he has been 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

All of the other ways TLR is an awful person haven’t really been at the forefront during his second stint here.  I despise him but those things aren’t top of mind.  He is now near universally despised here because he is an awful baseball manager.  Anything else is secondary and is hardly discussed with any regularity. 

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1