Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thanks Stan, but you don't have to worry. Tony is a made man.  No one can touch him no matter how bad here is.  If you think .500 at the all-star break is some sort of an achievement to be proud of, well bless your heart.

Besides, it’s too easy to just look at results.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tray said:

3/4 against the Twins going into the ASB takes all pressure off Sox management including Tony.  It doesn't matter what else you think. It's all about wins and losses and competing for the Division lead. 

Yeah. It's about wins and losses. And this team has too few wins, and too many losses, given the division they play in and their roster. Taking 3/4 from the Twins doesn't change that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Yeah. It's about wins and losses. And this team has too few wins, and too many losses, given the division they play in and their roster. Taking 3/4 from the Twins doesn't change that. 

Yup.  Sox were leading the division at the ASB last in year.  Since then they've been a .500 club.  They should have been far more competitive in that time, but here we are, basically celebrating the fact that we are at .500 2 games before the break.  I don't know about anyone else but that's simply not good enough to me.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Any Tonyisms contribute to yesterday’s loss, or was it just Lynn being awful and the Menechino offense continuing to suck ass?

Any follow up from the Twitter blow hard on his prognostication?

Menechino and Lynn.  To be quite honest, Menechino's firing is more important for me right now than getting rid of Tony.  The offense hits and a lot of this stuff about Tony becomes more irrelevant.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I really hope this little winning streak doesn't save him. I bet JR is going to use it as an excuse to tell the FO to stay the course.

FML

Amazing how low the bar is. Just show a pulse for a couple days and your job is safe.

20 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I really hope this little winning streak doesn't save him. I bet JR is going to use it as an excuse to tell the FO to stay the course.

FML

If a loss today is enough for Tony and Menechino to get canned over the break, it’s probably in our best interest. Of course 1 game shouldn’t dictate the decision, but yeah. 

• Like 1

The starting rotation that was expected to be one of the best has not panned out. Lynn has been awful. Keuchel was terrible. Kopech has been inconsistent and may not have enough innings in his arm to last the rest of the season.  This is a team that was expected to compete for the Division and they probably will despite injuries to key players and under performance by others.  Beyond that lie unrealistic fan expectations. No, the WSox are not going to beat Houston, the Yankees and the Dodgers to win it all even if they make the play-offs. It is what it is. Personal vendettas against management are just that and won't change the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:

Menechino and Lynn.  To be quite honest, Menechino's firing is more important for me right now than getting rid of Tony.  The offense hits and a lot of this stuff about Tony becomes more irrelevant.

I don't disagree, but TLR will still play Leury way too much, fail to pull pitchers when painfully obvious, play dudes out of position, stack the lineup in asinine ways, etc etc.

43 minutes ago, tray said:

The starting rotation that was expected to be one of the best has not panned out. Lynn has been awful. Keuchel was terrible. Kopech has been inconsistent and may not have enough innings in his arm to last the rest of the season.  This is a team that was expected to compete for the Division and they probably will despite injuries to key players and under performance by others.  Beyond that lie unrealistic fan expectations. No, the WSox are not going to beat Houston, the Yankees and the Dodgers to win it all even if they make the play-offs. It is what it is. Personal vendettas against management are just that and won't change the facts.

And neither will a team of talented and injured underachievers who don't play very hard.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Rick told us if we sat through 3-4 years of tanking, which incidentally wasn't much different than Hahn's first seasons, the Sox would be playing in a "multiple championship" window.

Sir, when can we expect this phase to begin?

Is it a "personal vendatta" to hold management accountable for what they promised but failed to deliver?

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick told us if we sat through 3-4 years of tanking, which incidentally wasn't much different than Hahn's first seasons, the Sox would be playing in a "multiple championship" window.

Sir, when can we expect this phase to begin?

Is it a "personal vendatta" to hold management accountable for what they promised but failed to deliver?

We are in it now....unfortunately the screen has a lot of holes in it and the AC isn't working.

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We will see on Tuesday at 3 to see if this prediction is wrong and at the end of the season to see if his first prediction is correct. I’m still thinking he’s wrong.

He’s wrong and TLR isn’t going anywhere. I thought there might have been a chance he was asked to step away if they kept losing. Not now though. I’m sure JR feels like all of the problems have magically gone away. 

42 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We will see on Tuesday at 3 to see if this prediction is wrong and at the end of the season to see if his first prediction is correct. I’m still thinking he’s wrong.

He's already said he wasn't making a prediction. He's worthless. 

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

He’s wrong and TLR isn’t going anywhere. I thought there might have been a chance he was asked to step away if they kept losing. Not now though. I’m sure JR feels like all of the problems have magically gone away. 

I thought there would be a chance he would join the front office if they kept losing, but not as quick as Riordan suggested. It would have been an end of the year thing.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's already said he wasn't making a prediction. He's worthless. 

Walking it back like a liar.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

And neither will a team of talented and injured underachievers who don't play very hard.

I'm conflicted. A big part of me wants to place most of the blame on grown men who have been playing baseball forever and only a little blame on any manager (taking my personal dislike for Tony out of it). 

But my favorite job description of coaching is getting players to do the things they don't want to do so they can become the players they want to be. That's on the staff and manager. 

So in the end they all suck. 

11 hours ago, tray said:

Ofcourse we arent beating Houston, NY or the Dodgers. We arent even beating Toronto in a series.

None of this means fans arent justifiably pissed. It isnt a personal vendetta. Its a legit grievance. Since we are talking facts, it's an irrefutable fact  the team claimed we would have a legit championship window when the team and payroll was absolute trash for years. Yet, the odds are this "window" will go by the wayside without even one playoff series win, much less a pennant or WS.

It isn't a vendetta. We suffered through years of hell and justifiably are expecting a reward and people can see we aren't even a far cry from a single championship much less "multiple championships".

We aren't getting jack shit. 

Having a fucking dinosaur hijack the entire power structure isn't what I signed up for.

Going into a "window" without even one fucking legit LH monster savage isn't what I signed up for.

Blowing our wad on stupid relievers and therefore having to fill real holes with plastic, scotch tape and bubble gum isn't what I signed up for.

People are justifiably pissed at being lied to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 2

54 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Ofcourse we arent beating Houston, NY or the Dodgers. We arent even beating Toronto in a series.

None of this means fans arent justifiably pissed. It isnt a personal vendetta. Its a legit grievance. Since we are talking facts, it's an irrefutable fact  the team claimed we would have a legit championship window when the team and payroll was absolute trash for years. Yet, the odds are this "window" will go by the wayside without even one playoff series win, much less a pennant or WS.

It isn't a vendetta. We suffered through years of hell and justifiably are expecting a reward and people can see we aren't even a far cry from a single championship much less "multiple championships".

Having a fucking dinosaur hijack the entire power structure isn't what I signed up for.

Going into a "window" without even one fucking legit LH monster savage isn't what I signed up for.

Blowing our wad on stupid relievers and therefore having to fill real holes with plastic, scotch tape and bubble gum isn't what I signed up for.

Not a bad post regarding the Sox chances now and in the future. For the Sox to make any noise, not only do they need big time upgrade in performance in pitching and defense, but need Robert, Eloy to become bonafide stars as well as Tim to remain a star and Abreu to do what he's done in the past, knock in a hella lotta runs.

Good post taking the negative side of things.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Most will eventually learn that even life itself owes them nothing.