Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

15 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

With all due respect, Kiley McDaniel is a baseball writer for ESPN and one person. ESPN is not the gospel on baseball prospect rankings like Baseball America is. Again this is all speculation, we all need to slow down a tad and wait until the published rankings come out. An individual or two saying their opinions is not the official baseball rankings.

It just doesn't make any sense with this Sox horrible farm system, adding these new prospects will move them from their previous and current ranking of 26 to 12. If you believe that, then you really haven't been the checking the minors closely with the Sox teams at all four levels. Just go look up each team and check their stats and records compared to their opponents in terms of ERA's and hitting.

Kiley had them at 30th last year, and 26th to begin the season. It seems he is right in line with most of the others. I don’t know why you would consider BA the gospel, and the rest garbage. They used to ranked White Sox prospects based on what Dave Wilder told them.  They will be mid teens at worst anyway. It seems crazy to me, but they have added a bunch of prospects that are on their top end recently.

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Kiley had them at 30th last year, and 26th to begin the season. It seems he is right in line with most of the others. I don’t know why you would consider BA the gospel, and the rest garbage. They used to ranked White Sox prospects based on what Dave Wilder told them.  They will be mid teens at worst anyway. It seems crazy to me, but they have added a bunch of prospects that are on their top end recently.

Don't forget Phil Rogers....

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

First of all there was a post several weeks ago about new prospect rankings and tons of people posted here the only viable and valid source for rankings was Baseball America. I am only going off that and what I have read. I believe BA is what the GM's look at.

I understand the Sox have added some 8-10 nice prospects via the draft and recent trades.

Again I sincerely hope they are mid teens, because I hate watching them be losers. However and I'm asking this seriously and not trying to be funny....you have to help me understand how the Sox farm can improve that much from their last ranking of #26 when there are still tons of bad players in the minors

Pitching

Knights - 6.43 ERA - 20th of 20 teams

Barons - 5.64 ERA - 8th of 8 teams

Winston-Salem - 5.54 ERA - 11th of 12 teams

Hitting

Knights - Runs #20, OBP #20, SLG #19, OPS #20

Barons - Runs #7, OBP #8, SLG #7, OPS #8

These horrible pitchers and hitters are a huge collection in the minors and I'm not sure how 8-10 players drastically change that. 

Regardless of where the new ranking number is, and let's say it's 14-15. Does it really matter? The same player development coaches are in the minors. If they screwed up Crochet what makes you believe they won't screw up Schultz? When the Sox had a high top ranked farm system several years ago, how did that work out as we finish up the 2023 season? Other than Sale and Rodon, when have the Sox last drafted and developed a successful pitcher at the major league level?

Updated notes for Jerry Reinsdorf.

Checklist for Reasons to Fire Rick Hahn!

- Overall losing record in 11 seasons as the GM - W-L (745-885) .457   ✔

- Only 2 playoffs in 11 years with first round eliminations in both.  ✔

- Only two seasons over .500 in 11 seasons. ✔

- Failed miserably on the 2016 rebuild which he convinced me on, that I was wasn't that in favor of.  ✔

- Promised me a team that would contend for multiple championships and at least one parade.  ✔

- One of the worst farm systems in baseball.  ✔

- A documented record of signing unsuccessful and unproductive free agents.  ✔

- A documented record of making unsuccessful trades.  ✔

- Allowed a team 81-81 last year to regress badly with a current 45-68 record being 14 games out of first place in the worst division in baseball. ✔

- He was given a strong team payroll to start the 2023 season, which has produced one of the worst teams in baseball this season. ✔

- According to Baseball Reference, we have the #1 largest decrease in attendance in 2023 from 2022 in MLB ✔

- Hired Pedro Grifol who evidently is a terrible hire and someone who has zero rules and accountability with his team  ✔

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

Who cares that this is response from someone who knows he is a deadman walking

That remains to be seen doesn't it? If I had to bet, I'd wager he returns for next year which is supposedly the final year of his deal again as G.M.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That remains to be seen doesn't it? If I had to bet, I'd wager he returns for next year which is supposedly the final year of his deal again as G.M.

Well you can’t let a guy this valuable come in as a lame duck. He told me so. 7 year extension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

No. But here it is for all to see.

image.png

Heard on the radio yesterday by the end of the year, the Sox will have the 28th "best" record in baseball over the last decade, the Royals have a better record over the last 10 years than the Sox. 

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Heard on the radio yesterday by the end of the year, the Sox will have the 28th "best" record in baseball over the last decade, the Royals have a better record over the last 10 years than the Sox. 

It’s pretty damning…

D633FEFC-40A7-4D15-8648-B2F5926E28C7.jpeg

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s pretty damning…

D633FEFC-40A7-4D15-8648-B2F5926E28C7.jpeg

Since their breakout 2020 60 game, no fans in the stands season, which was when the period of sustained winning, and multiple championships was supposed to commence, they are 2 games over .500, after winning 3 in a row. Mired in mediocrity. Hahn should write a how-to book about it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tony said:

It’s back to - a 10 year track record of stink. No one can justify anything other than a complete changing of the guard. 

• Like 1

Hahn invited KW or JR to fire him and suggested he might resign. Hahn is a lame duck. The only reason he is still there is that JR needs some time to interview candidates for GM and KW's position as well. Also JR may want his son Michael and other family members and business partners to get involved in that firing/hiring process.

Hahn over-promised/under-delivered in a very tough and competitive sports business environment.  We all knew it was BS when he said it ...multiple championships?  Never promise that which you cannot deliver. There is a thin line between confidence and over-confidence and that line is often coated with bravado and bullshit. 

• Hawk 1