This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

23 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I still remember all of the arguments I got into with many of you about this s%*# sandwich of a team. My favorite was hoe many folks thought the Cubs rebuild was failure because of how it ended. We never came close to any of the Cubs' success AND they rebuilt and passed us by within 2 years. This organization is a joke. 

The Cubs? Maybe you are on the wrong board. 

The Cubs won one in 2016. The sox won one in 2005.  They got one we got one.

The only difference? The White Sox didn't go 108 years between championships. A record that will never be broken. 

• Like 2

I'm the very last person to talk glowingly about the Cubs but there simply isn't any comparison between what they accomplished with their tank/rebuild and how the Sox have flushed theirs's right down the toilet. 

Haven't looked but the Cubs went to the playoffs in that stretch four times if I remember right and did win a World Series. 

The Sox in their "window of contention" have a post season mark of 2-5

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm the very last person to talk glowingly about the Cubs but there simply isn't any comparison between what they accomplished with their tank/rebuild and how the Sox have flushed there's right down the toilet. 

Haven't looked but the Cubs went to the playoffs in that stretch four times if I remember right and did win a World series. 

Pretty sure it was 5 or 6 total appearances... obviously 2015/16 the most successful with two NLCS and one WS.  

There was a break in there with Maddon getting forced out and Ross trying to keep the last players remaining competitive through 2020/21 before Rizzo Bryant Baez Contreras all moved on. 

That coincided with MIL and StL taking back control of Central. 

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm the very last person to talk glowingly about the Cubs but there simply isn't any comparison between what they accomplished with their tank/rebuild and how the Sox have flushed theirs's right down the toilet. 

Haven't looked but the Cubs went to the playoffs in that stretch four times if I remember right and did win a World Series. 

One during a fake season that shouldn’t even count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty sure it was 5 or 6 total appearances... obviously 2015/16 the most successful with two NLCS and one WS.  

There was a break in there with Maddon getting forced out and Ross trying to keep the last players remaining competitive through 2020/21 before Rizzo Bryant Baez Contreras all moved on. 

That coincided with MIL and StL taking back control of Central. 

They were in the NLCS 2015-2017.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The relationship Sox fans have with the Cubs is the exact same relationship MSU fans have with UM fans. It's honestly pathetic. One side is obsessed and the other is like "I don't think about you at all". 

Let it go guys. You'll be happier. 

See Iowa "chip on their shoulders" vs. Illinois, a quite similar rivalry...

9 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The relationship Sox fans have with the Cubs is the exact same relationship MSU fans have with UM fans. It's honestly pathetic. One side is obsessed and the other is like "I don't think about you at all". 

I agree. It's no fun to cheer against the Cubs since they won in 2016. I will never like their stupid traditions, but since the Sox have so many problems, I honestly don't care about them. I don't know what their record is, and I have no idea about the makeup of their team. And I refuse to get all worked up when the two teams play each other. I only look and at the White Sox and wonder.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Highland said:

I agree. It's no fun to cheer against the Cubs since they won in 2016. I will never like their stupid traditions, but since the Sox have so many problems, I honestly don't care about them. I don't know what their record is, and I have no idea about the makeup of their team. And I refuse to get all worked up when the two teams play each other. I only look and at the White Sox and wonder.

Ill never cheer for the Cubs and will always make a gross face when someone says they like the Cubs. Since they finally got that WS in 2016 I have found my interest in trashing them has faded from what it used to be. Still don't care for them though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I didnt think 90 loses was possible when this thread was created, but 17 games in, no series wins, and no 2 game winning streak? 90 losses is starting to look more probable than less than 90 losses.

The next ten games will lock in the 90 losses.  3 and 7 over the next 10 is being optimistic. 

• Like 1

Even if MLB had the same unbalanced schedule as last year, it would not make a difference.  I don't see this team faring well against their own division.   With 52 games against the Central, I would put the over under at about 20 wins....and I'd take the under.

1 minute ago, Tomtom said:

Even if MLB had the same unbalanced schedule as last year, it would not make a difference.  I don't see this team faring well against their own division.   With 52 games against the Central, I would put the over under at about 20 wins....and I'd take the under.

Detroit is playing quite well the last week after a terrible start...and KC for whatever reason the last couple of decades has played the Sox tougher than expected, starting down the stretch in 2005. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Detroit is playing quite well the last week after a terrible start...and KC for whatever reason the last couple of decades has played the Sox tougher than expected, starting down the stretch in 2005. 

Precisely.  It was their inability to beat up on the likes of KC that cost them last year.  I'm sure Cy Keller and Cy Singer, not to mention Zack Greinke,  will stifle this offense as it did last year.

12 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That's a nice channeling of the typical Cub fan position, but it's b.s.  The amount of time the many Cub fans I know spend talking about "how little they care" about the Sox is mind-blowing.  There is obviously a rivalry between two teams who've spent over 100 years in the same city -- how couldn't there be? -- and both fan bases care.  The Cubs are just passive aggressive and bitchy about it, while Sox fans are straightforward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:28 AM, caulfield12 said:

See Iowa "chip on their shoulders" vs. Illinois, a quite similar rivalry...

Now this is entirely made up.  If any Illinois fan thinks that it's complete projection and compensation for their bottom-of-the-barrel sports presence (and that's coming from an Illinois fan).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Now this is entirely made up.  If any Illinois fan thinks that it's complete projection and compensation for their bottom-of-the-barrel sports presence (and that's coming from an Illinois fan).

I was comparing to the equivalent of MSU/MI...not Cubs/Sox.