5/2- Twins vs Sox, 6:10

flavum

12 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Another Eloy IL stint incoming?

Nice, another guy who never made the cut at the MLB level because he was too dumb/arrogant to make the necessary adjustments

Seems like we have a shitload of players like this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am so glad I cancelled my partial season tickets. A friend of mine still has them. They used to have parties, and events for season ticketholders, now they are trying to bleed even more money out of them. Like the bad play isn't enough. Apparently, Season Ticketholder "Appreciation" Week is coming up. You can be part of a pre game parade around the field. Don't have a ticket to that particular game? The Sox will sell you one. Also if you buy tickets to another game, they will throw in a patio party. However, if you already have a ticket to that game, you will have to pay for the patio party. What in the wide wide world of sports is going on over there?

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I am so glad I cancelled my partial season tickets. A friend of mine still has them. They used to have parties, and events for season ticketholders, now they are trying to bleed even more money out of them. Like the bad play isn't enough. Apparently, Season Ticketholder "Appreciation" Week is coming up. You can be part of a pre game parade around the field. Don't have a ticket to that particular game? The Sox will sell you one. Also if you buy tickets to another game, they will throw in a patio party. However, if you already have a ticket to that game, you will have to pay for the patio party. What in the wide wide world of sports is going on over there?

Dumpster fire of an organization, they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Dumpster fire of an organization, they are.

You would think with what's beein happening over a year now, they would want to do something for their base. Instead, its just the opposite. It's been before Covid where they really went the extra mile for season ticketholders, so the newer accounts might not notice. But I'm sure the long term people are scratching their heads. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Haseley

Edit: I would think

Forgot he existed for a sec.  He's better in the field, but hardly worth giving regular ABs.  Gotta love an org that prioritizes depth.

• Like 1

I don’t mind using this year to find out what we can get from all these part time question marks. Clearly Romy and Sosa aren’t ready. If I had it my way, DFA Elvis when Anderson returns, have Moncada split 3b/2B, play Burger at 3b/DH, play Colas every day in RF, just DH Sheets almost every day until he plays himself in or out of the major leagues. If Sheets can’t hack it eventually and turns into another Palka, bring up the next corpse. Game outcomes don’t matter, so defense doesn’t matter. Evaluate the bats. Can these guys hit or not? 

1 hour ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

So? The Sox are losing either way. Colas is the Sox only viable OF prospect. Either let him take his lumps or send him down. Can’t have the one legit prospect rotting on the vine

I have no issue with him going down to keep getting regular at-bats.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

On the Score, they just went through what the Sox records are without each of Robert, Moncada, and Eloy (not necessarily out all together) over the past 3 seasons. The records were all over .500.

They're all bums ... Seriously, what 'franchise' players start their careers with such blatant lack of effort -- all three suffer from the same disease - apathy. Dump them all.

Colas was never a sure thing, and it’s not the end of the world if they send his 50 OPS+ down to get his bat going. The Sox are in the fight of their life this month if they have any hope of getting back in it. Unfortunately, we just have to be patient and watch them fail over the next 5 weeks before they do anything. 

Just now, flavum said:

Colas was never a sure thing, and it’s not the end of the world if they send his 50 OPS+ down to get his bat going. The Sox are in the fight of their life this month if they have any hope of getting back in it. Unfortunately, we just have to be patient and watch them fail over the next 5 weeks before they do anything. 

There's literally nothing they can do. Nobody is making trades this time of year and we have absolutely nothing in the high minors. This is a bad team that will continue to be bad to mediocre until July at which point there will be a fire sale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's literally nothing they can do. Nobody is making trades this time of year and we have absolutely nothing in the high minors. This is a bad team that will continue to be bad to mediocre until July at which point there will be a fire sale.

When I say “do anything”, I mean DFA some guys and possibly make coaching staff/executive changes. Yes, trades will come in July.