Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

"Quero is one of the yoiungest players in AA, is developing as a catcher, and is among the Top 100 prospects in the game.

Bush has a four pitch mix, a left handed starter who has upside. We are pleased we are adding Bush and Quero tonight."

- Rick Hahn Press Conference

Thought it was ChatGPT

Now Hahn finally comes out of hiding to crow about his "haul" of prospects to move the Sox closer to the #20-24 range of MiLB systems.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We got a top 100 prospect for Giolito.  Isn’t that what most of the optimists were expecting?

MLB has Quero as a 55 and Busch as 50....solid return. 

I wonder what LAD final offer was.....evidently it was less than that.

They addressed two big needs at once so I'll give them props for that. Hopefully Quero can be a LHS and stick behind the plate and Busch can be a good 3/4 for us in the rotation.

Need another SP prospect from Lynn

8 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

No but Angels’ farm system is just about as bad as ours, so they’re probably not very good 🤷‍♂️

This is such  a bad take. Our farm system is bad also but our #2 would be Noah Schultz. 

If someone got our #2 prospect from a bad system would this be bad for the team.

Judge the players.....not the system 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I'm sorry but as long as RH is making these deals I will have no faith in them working out. He should have been fired after last season and for sure fired at the all star break. The fact he is still employed and making these deals tells you he will indeed be back next season.

Feels like a Trader Kenny trade to me.  For those that said he never sold off pieces, he did pull off a massive heist with that Freddie Garcia for Gavin Floyd & Gio Gonzalez trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Going to collect these as moves are made to see how accurate this trade calculator actually is or if there are signs of a trade deadline premium.

4BB6D53F-F4FC-469C-BA6A-C5FB95167969.jpeg

That suggests it's a sellers market for sure

I wonder what they can get for Burger?

7 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

To be clear, I don’t even care if these guys end up being crap. I say trade anyone from this roster for as much as you can get. This team is years away from contention, so might as well try to stock up on prospects again.

You mean decades?  No sorry make that lifetimes.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

This is such  a bad take. Our farm system is bad also but our #2 would be Noah Schultz. 

If someone got our #2 prospect from a bad system would this be bad for the team.

Judge the players.....not the system 

For real, we should be jazzed that the Angels decided that they're going all in and becoming the 2016 Sox instead of trading Ohtani and just losing him for nothing.

Like, they've not made the playoffs since 2018 despite having two GOAT level players. Maybe their injured players return and Gio helps them out, but history is against them.

• Like 2

Well Giolito is our highest value rental starter and Lopez our highest value rental reliver so the returns are going steeply downhill after this.
But this seems like a reasonable deal. 
This FO done a lot worse for rents.

Would be nice to get rid of Getz &Co and start afresh on the farm.

• Like 1

• Quin changed the title to Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic