KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

11 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

So many possibilities. Not that they would be the hire, but who's advising Jerry?  Hawk?  Thome?  AJ?  Pat Fitzgerald?  Does Jerry know enough about the game to identify the gem we need?  

As long as it's not internal.

Bill Cowher? Hey could be

17 minutes ago, Saufley said:

or Gene Watson

Or Gene Honda

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I really think KW sabotaged Rick at times. I just have that gut feeling. Not defending Hahn but I feel there was a power struggle there. If not Kenny wouldn't have been shitcanned

I’m sure both sabotaged him, JR directly and KW indirectly through JR. That’s in addition to Hahn screwing himself over with one bad decision after another. 

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Also, there's no way Grifol is actually safe. A new GM will be able to hire his own guy unless its someone like Getz.

The owner is still in charge….we’ve seen this play out before. 

I, and every other Sox fan, should wait to see who the hire is before getting excited. This is a good day for the Sox organization, no doubt. But as others have said, if Chris Getz is placed as new President of Baseball Ops, or Jim Thome….we’re in for the same old s%*# 

• Like 6

Just now, scotty22hotty said:

time to turn around the franchise

building around Robert/Cease entering 2024 would be any competent GMs dream

what, Cease should be dealt immediately by someone competent to try and stock the farm immediately, and probably Robert as well

this team is gonna be so bad for the next 3 years, might as well get the rebuild started

• Like 2

Just now, Tony said:

The owner is still in charge….we’ve seen this play out before. 

I, and every other Sox fan, should wait to see who the hire is before getting excited. This is a good day for the Sox organization, no doubt. But as others have said, if Chris Getz is placed as new President of Baseball Ops, or Jim Thome….we’re in for the same old s%*# 

^^^

Just now, joejoesox said:

It could be a total lie, Grifol could be fired at the end of the season and they're just being nice. it's not like they would announce he's being fired while he's still managing for the rest of the season lmao

that would be cold

There is no point to get rid of him now. This season is a total waste, and aside from Getz coming in, any outsider is going to see this is a total tear down. There is literally one guy on this roster that could be part of a “good” Sox team in the future. Bring in the right person, let them make all the calls moving forward. 

Just now, baseballgalaly said:

oh ffs

but we already knew that. he's just telling everyone water is wet.

if it is Getz, it won't affect me at all because I already stopped watching the Sox 3 months ago lol

as someone else already said, he likely won't be here next year. look how bad the minor league system is. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

time to turn around the franchise

building around Robert/Cease entering 2024 would be any competent GMs dream

Who do they got to work with besides those two? Eloy is good for 100 games a year at DH, their farm is still middle of the pack, and JR isn’t willing to open up checkbook for high end free agents. Whoever’s taking over has their work cut out for them.

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

It could be a total lie, Grifol could be fired at the end of the season and they're just being nice. it's not like they would announce he's being fired while he's still managing for the rest of the season lmao

that would be cold

Let the new GM decide how to handle the coaching staff, including when and how to conduct a coaching search. 

Imagine that a GM is not officially hired until mid November. While that's a long timeline, it may not be obscenely long if this set of steps came about suddenly, or if they are waiting to interview people who are employed by teams in the playoffs. They'd immediately have to make decisions on options, protecting people for the 40 man roster, waiver wire pickups, and the rule 5 draft, with the winter meetings hitting almost immediately. That would all be happening at the same time that the GM would be taking their first steps to overhaul the staff around them.

In this case, it would not be outrageous for a GM to say that they simply weren't in a good spot to deal with a coaching search, and that a professional coaching search done at the end of 2024 would be able to be much better run and more effective than a scrambling one done in the middle of everything else. This is not a terrible situation, 2 of the few people on Earth who thought this team was competitive in 2024 were just fired, Grifol in the end will make no difference in those results. 

If they want to run a coaching search this year, they have to make sure they're in place to do it well. You don't want candidates turning you down because your GM is trying to do too many things at once. 

• Thanks 1