KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

I was wondering about the task ahead of our future GM.

Sick of my own pessimism I ask you fellow posters, ones who know way more than me, about a "best case" scenario for our new GM. What can he do in the near future to get the Sox back to being a .500 team.

Please outline for me what your plan would be if you are the next GM. What moves do you make? And please tell me. Is there any scenario in which the Sox could field a good to great team in 2-3 years? Or will it take 5-10? Talk me off the ledge please and instruct our new GM.

There is no quick fix. Hire someone who can draft and develop a minor league system so we can hope for sustained success in 3 years or so. Trying to band aid this roster together to go for a .500 record will only result in more disaster…unless JR suddenly opens up the checkbook, which ain’t happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoxFest23 said:

For those fans of the TV show Succession, who are the characters here?

You know JR is Logan Roy, who are the rest? 

Getz, LaRussa, Moore, Ozzie, Grifol, Nightingale, etc..😄

It deserves its own show, theres no doubt it would be a good one

2 hours ago, SoxFest23 said:

For those fans of the TV show Succession, who are the characters here?

You know JR is Logan Roy, who are the rest? 

Getz, LaRussa, Moore, Ozzie, Grifol, Nightingale, etc..😄

Kendall= KW (his #1 boy)

Greg= Hahn (doofus who worked his way close to the top)

Roman= Ozzie (very profane but speaks the truth)

Frank= TLR (trusted ally who he fired/rehired)

Conner= Grifol 

I think Rick Hahn deserved to get fired. 

However, I feel bad for him. He seemed to be underminded by his bosses all of the time. 

Didnt want to Hire Larussa

Wanted to Pay Bryce Harper to come here

Had the trade to the Marlins axed of sending TA to Marlins. Kenny stepped in and swapped out with Burger at the last minute. 

Edited by kwill
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, kwill said:

However, I feel bad for him. He seemed to be underminded by his bosses all of the time. 

Had the trade to the Marlins axed of sending TA to Marlins. Kenny stepped in and swapped out with Burger at the last minute. 

I feel bad for the generation of Sox fans who had to sit through .456 (749-893) Winning Percentage baseball, listen to his smug arrogant bullshit for 11 seasons with zero postseason success and one measly division title, all the while playing in the worst division in MLB.

He should have been fired in 2015 or 2016, and banked significant cash solely because of his dad being friends with Jerry.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

What the hell is up with some people trying to already repaint Hahns legacy? He's the worst GM in franchise history. Period. Stop.

Reading other sites, it's like Hahn is some political candidate where all the comments are astroturfed and inauthentic to try and prop him up. It's bizarre.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

What the hell is up with some people trying to already repaint Hahns legacy? He's the worst GM in franchise history. Period. Stop.

Reading other sites, it's like Hahn is some political candidate where all the comments are astroturfed and inauthentic to try and prop him up. It's bizarre.

Yup, Hahn’s media campaign is out in full force.  Dude accomplished nothing in 11 years, but somehow he was the victim of a messy leadership trio for his entire tenure.  Not sure why people are buying it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Jerry owned media and other corporate media have a lot of ass kissers and apologists for Jerry and Hahn. There are also some media and FO guys who have an axe to grind with Kenny.

Garfien, Kaplen, Levine, the McGuffey guy I never heard of until this week, others. I pay no heed to their bullshit. I only look at Boob's White Sox tweets because he has been mostly accurate with leaks of Jerry's actual plans.

People should take note of gaslighting and tune these people out in the future.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, Hahn’s media campaign is out in full force.  Dude accomplished nothing in 11 years, but somehow he was the victim of a messy leadership trio for his entire tenure.  Not sure why people are buying it.

Funny I don't foresee any other club falling overthemselves to apoint him GM.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kwill said:

Even if you are correct, he still did a lot more terrible than good. Pedro Grifol was hired after TLR. Not to mention TLR actually had success with us compared to the mess we are in now. Harper was never an option for us, so Hahn wanting him meant nothing. You still have to build a team with what you got and he failed at that. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We aren't. Hahn definitely got screwed in some regards, but that is also why he sucks. He is a company man pushover that couldn't put together a competent roster to save his life. Even with things going right, our roster wasn't championship caliber. too many one dimensional players and too much money tied into the bullpen. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

We aren't. Hahn definitely got screwed in some regards, but that is also why he sucks. He is a company man pushover that couldn't put together a competent roster to save his life. Even with things going right, our roster wasn't championship caliber. too many one dimensional players and too much money tied into the bullpen. 

He got screwed some in terms of La Russa and maybe with the larger scale free agent signings, but the reality is he never built a sound foundation in scouting, player development, & analytics and he wasted millions in free agency on s%*# free agents.  He was a terrible GM regardless of the challenges that come with Jerry & KW.

• Thanks 1