After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

25 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I also think it's telling his staff is so bad, almost everyone that gets called up, with a couple of exceptions, look like they just took up playing baseball games a week ago. Clueless.

There was a time where I was intrigued, and that was 2020. We had no minors, just the schaumburg site. We needed to use Dunning, Stiever, Crochet for meaningful baseball, and brought up Madrigal, Luis Robert, *Collins*, for meaningful innings.

Considering the circumstances of coming up from a place that had no competitive baseball, I was impressed at the performance.

Maybe that environment he had more control over and oversight and is a sign of things to come. But he certainly didn't carry those lessons forward to the next years. What we got from call-ups continued to get worse.

There is a severe lack of talent in the system, its' true. It's also hard to point to something we are particularly good at developing, as we once were with durable pitchers who have strong command and cutters. 

The prospects we have seem to be just pure talent plays. Hard to say based on Colson we teach patience well, he's a unicorn. Hard to say based on Mena we can teach harnessing multiple breaking pitches well, he's a unicorn.

He's been in this position for 7 years.

He is very affable though, he'll be less annoying to listen to then Hahn. He was a good listen at soxfest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

There was a time where I was intrigued, and that was 2020. We had no minors, just the schaumburg site. We needed to use Dunning, Stiever, Crochet for meaningful baseball, and brought up Madrigal, Luis Robert, *Collins*, for meaningful innings.

Considering the circumstances of coming up from a place that had no competitive baseball, I was impressed at the performance.

Maybe that environment he had more control over and oversight and is a sign of things to come. But he certainly didn't carry those lessons forward to the next years. What we got from call-ups continued to get worse.

There is a severe lack of talent in the system, its' true. It's also hard to point to something we are particularly good at developing, as we once were with durable pitchers who have strong command and cutters. 

The prospects we have seem to be just pure talent plays. Hard to say based on Colson we teach patience well, he's a unicorn. Hard to say based on Mena we can teach harnessing multiple breaking pitches well, he's a unicorn.

He's been in this position for 7 years.

He is very affable though, he'll be less annoying to listen to then Hahn. He was a good listen at soxfest.

And sent Burger off to play in a collegiate league that summer in O'Fallon IL for 45 days....wonder how well he was covered by liability insurance/waivers in the event of a third major injury??

Maybe we should give credit to Getz for sparking his comeback?

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And sent Burger off to play in a collegiate league that summer in O'Fallon IL for 45 days....wonder how well he was covered by liability insurance/waivers in the event of a third major injury??

Maybe we should give credit to Getz for sparking his comeback?

Isn't that BUrger's own volition? Getz decision there was not to include Burger in Schaumburg.

Just now, DirtySox said:

Prove me wrong and make some meaningful change across the org. If you're allowed to.

Bleh.

With the "hiring" coming from inside the organization, I'd be surprised if Grifol was canned.  However, I think Katz has to go.  I don't know how much was his fault, but no one was better this year.  Cease fell off a cliff, Giolito was spotty and overall not great, Lynn was a BP pitcher.  If nothing else, fresh blood and new ideas.

I’m dangerously close to sitting out White Sox baseball until Jerry dies.  Starting to question what is the point in supporting a franchise that is held hostage by an incredibly stubborn, out-of-touch owner.  Jerry has always wanted to win “his way”, but you’d think he’d finally wake the f*** up given a possible sale / exit might be coming.  But nope, still going to promote an insular, unqualified employee to be his head baseball decision maker without even attempting a legit interview process, despite it potentially costing him hundreds of millions of dollars down the road.  Unfortunately, our only hope at this moment is Father Time and that’s a terrible predicament to be in as a fan.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m dangerously close to sitting out White Sox baseball until Jerry dies.  Starting to question what is the point in supporting a franchise that is held hostage by an incredibly stubborn, out-of-touch owner.  Jerry has always wanted to win “his way”, but you’d think he’d finally wake the f*** up given a possible sale / exit might be coming.  But nope, still going to promote an insular, unqualified employee to be his head baseball decision maker without even attempting a legit interview process, despite it potentially costing him hundreds of millions of dollars down the road.  Unfortunately, our only hope at this moment is Father Time and that’s a terrible predicament to be in as a fan.

I hope Father Time is a starting pitcher because we're gonna need some innings from him next season.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, bmags said:

Speaking of environments, Charlotte seems like a real wasteland.

Does anyone learn anything there?  Can anyone tell whether or not they do?

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Speaking of environments, Charlotte seems like a real wasteland.

Does anyone learn anything there?  Can anyone tell whether or not they do?

They learn how to play from behind which is a huge plus for making the White Sox roster.

• Haha 2

Of course I hate that they didn’t go outside the org or conduct a real search but I hate that Getz and Grifol get to keep their jobs or be promoted.

They’re survivalist and ass kissers. I know AJ said on his show that whenever he was doing a Sox game he would see Getz sitting with Jerry, talking into his ear. And whenever Grifol is asked a question, he speaks directly to Jerry with his answers, saying things that would appeal to him.

They’re scum. 

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP