It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM

NCsoxfan

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

Adios guys….I need a long term break from this organization 

Yep, schadenfreude with the clown show today and clean slate starting September 1st.

People need to really consider cancelling their 2024 Season Tickets.

Will be playing this the next time White Sox Baseball has a chance to be relevant after Jerry is no longer Chairman Cow.

LMAO this press release is brutal. hahahahahahaha

https://www.mlb.com/news/chris-getz-named-white-sox-general-manager?partnerID=web_article-share

“Chris brings a wealth of knowledge and experience within our organization to this role,” said White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf in a statement. “Most importantly, he knows our players, both at the major league level and in our system, knows our staff and is familiar with all aspects of our baseball operations department.

“Chris has impressed me greatly over the past seven years. In our conversations together this season, I have become energized by his vision, approach and sense of what this organization needs to become competitive again. With his existing knowledge of the organization, top to bottom, I believe his leadership will provide us with the quickest path forward to our goal, a consistently successful baseball team that competes and plays the game the right way. He will re-energize this organization.”

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Am I to understand that he’s basically taking on KW and Hahn’s spots combined?

Yes.
JR is smart enough to understand he only needs to pay for 1 "yes" man. No need to pay 2 people to say "yes" to him separately.

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤡🤡

“Chris brings a wealth of knowledge and experience within our organization to this role,” said White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf in a statement. “Most importantly, he knows our players, both at the major league level and in our system, knows our staff and is familiar with all aspects of our baseball operations department.

“Chris has impressed me greatly over the past seven years. In our conversations together this season, I have become energized by his vision, approach and sense of what this organization needs to become competitive again. With his existing knowledge of the organization, top to bottom, I believe his leadership will provide us with the quickest path forward to our goal, a consistently successful baseball team that competes and plays the game the right way. He will re-energize this organization.”

:lolhitting:djuhohgif::finger::fyou::whichway:bang:chimp:stick:booty:chair:jerry

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Existing knowledge of the #30 system in baseball will magically lead to better results somehow.

He's learned somehow what NOT to do to be awful...and will now do the opposite.

And what, no mention of his time with the Royals that laid the groundwork for this oncoming fiasco?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Not surprising but still disappointing. 

Sigh

This. 

Twitter, my text threads, the Score acting like this is some sort of shocking breaking news.    This was already expected 2 weeks ago.   It sucks, move on.

Until Reinsdorf sells or dies,  only "YES" men will get high profile jobs on this team.  They couldn't control Ozzie's mouth, so he got canned.    That would be the last hire (a person with a pulse) like that. 

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yep, schadenfreude with the clown show today and clean slate starting September 1st.

People need to really consider cancelling their 2024 Season Tickets.

Will be playing this the next time White Sox Baseball has a chance to be relevant after Jerry is no longer Chairman Cow.

Cows at least have the sense to cross to the other side of the road.  At least usually.

19 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I’m not even kidding this site should draft a letter to send to the commissioner about forcing him to sell, put that s%*# online and have everyone sign it as a petition, and just keep embarrassing this dude every year until he is gone via choice or via shedding the mortal coil

That would achieve NOTHING. Those old rich guys don't care what fans think.

The only thing they understand is money. And the only think we can do to affect change is boycotting the games and merchandise. I wouldn't spend a dime on this team. I'd rather go see the Schaumburg Boomers or Kane County Cougars before I give any money to the White Sox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With his existing knowledge of the organization, top to bottom, I believe his leadership will provide us with the quickest path forward to our goal, a consistently successful baseball team that competes and plays the game the right way.

We're absolutely getting The Royals Way™. I can't wait for the s%*# show press conference. I wonder if someone is gonna get shot at it because someone smuggled a gun in between their butt cheeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Chris, in a way you led the organization's rebuild by being in charge of the minors, specifically project Birmingham. Clearly it barely produced as 0 playoff wins came out of it. Can you explain why in your eyes you deserve this promotion and what you will now change seeing as if how the first rebuild was a disaster?

I'll be curious if they have an actual press conference or if they are simply just sending out releases.

Also NBC Sports Chicago has a comprehensive look at Getz and what he has done. They are very critical:

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/white-sox-news/who-is-chris-getz-what-to-know-about-lead-candidate-for-white-sox-head-of-baseball-operations/503188/

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Chris, in a way you led the organization's rebuild by being in charge of the minors, specifically project Birmingham. Clearly it barely produced as 0 playoff wins came out of it. Can you explain why in your eyes you deserve this promotion and what you will now change seeing as if how the first rebuild was a disaster?

Because Haber was even less well prepared and respected...

• bmags unpinned this topic