It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM

NCsoxfan

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Good thing the person in charge of the whole org is the guy who was just in charge of developing talent 

Good thing the guy that put him in charge was an owner that said CG was the first Farm Directer in the owner's career that did what the owner wanted. Jerry affirmatively likes what the Sox have done with the farm system. 

• Like 1

the wrong things are being discussed here

less about whether Getz is gonna fix this team and more about how you'll show them that you aren't giving them any more of your money until they're better

sticking around and just hoping that it works is gonna be bad for your health 😕

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sox AAA affiliate is 35 games under. The AA affiliate is 30 games under. How does the farm director get promoted? 

White Sox (made of prospects acquired and developed from failed rebuild) 28 games under .500
AAA affiliate: 30 games under, last place
AA affiliate: 11 under, last place
High-A: 6 under
Low-A: 3 under
Rookie: 14 under, last place
Jerry Reinsdorf: let's promote the guy in charge of this farm system and make him GM. My reason for doing this is that he is familiar with our organization. This is a good reason.
  • Like 3
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, lostfan said:
White Sox (made of prospects acquired and developed from failed rebuild) 28 games under .500
AAA affiliate: 30 games under, last place
AA affiliate: 11 under, last place
High-A: 6 under
Low-A: 3 under
Rookie: 14 under, last place
Jerry Reinsdorf: let's promote the guy in charge of this farm system and make him GM. My reason for doing this is that he is familiar with our organization. This is a good reason.

Name checks out.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

These comments keep getting worse and show just how fucking lost Jerry’s mind is at this point in time.  May god have mercy on our souls for following this s%*#-show of a franchise.

He accomplished his usual goals today:

- suck up to Tony

- infer that salaries are too high

- tell everyone how much he cares about winning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

One thing of note, in his media availability JR said unequivocally "Going forward, Tony LaRussa has no decision making authority in this organization."

Worth mentioning.

We would be better off with TLR than JR and Getz arguably...because he's obviously blaming Hahn and KW more for the current state of Sox minors than his boy Getzie.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Getz did mention their have been some names mentioned, and that they will meet to discuss individuals.  

Has to be someone like Buddy Bell.

(Moore is not leaving the Rangers.  He belongs in much more conservative Texas.)

Bell can be the curmudgeonly Father/Grandfather figure.

I was actually fairly surprised at how aware Jerry was off what people were saying. I just figured he was totally disconnected. While it's obvious, and quite frankly sad, that he does not know how to bring in the right people to build a winner, I think it's apparent that he does care and does want to win badly. Just doesn't know how to do it anymore. Ugh, sucks all around

2 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I was actually fairly surprised at how aware Jerry was off what people were saying. I just figured he was totally disconnected. While it's obvious, and quite frankly sad, that he does not know how to bring in the right people to build a winner, I think it's apparent that he does care and does want to win badly. Just doesn't know how to do it anymore. Ugh, sucks all around

He wants to win his way to prove to the new-aged owners and GM he’s smarter than them. It’s never going to happen

1 hour ago, fathom said:

He accomplished his usual goals today:

- suck up to Tony

- infer that salaries are too high

- tell everyone how much he cares about winning

And to hire some dinosaur scouts that are unemployed because they don't believe in analytics.  So basically everyone in the baseball room during the Moneyball movie that were let go by the As and probably ex-St. Louis guys who are friendly with the DUI pirate.  

Edited by southsideirish71

• bmags unpinned this topic