Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion

DirtySox

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Depends on your definition of "marketable."

Guys flips off fans, appears to lose concentration of the field, has embarrassing off the field headlines and can't stay healthy.

If that's your definition of "marketability" I admire you. 

Nobody gives a f*** about athletes baby mama drama. I can assure you of that. Flipping off opponent fans is still legitimately hilarious no matter how many times this website tries to make it a thing. Get out of the soxtalk bubble.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • TLR 2

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nobody gives a f*** about athletes baby mama drama. I can assure you of that. Flipping off opponent fans is still legitimately hilarious no matter how many times this website tries to make it a thing. Get out of the soxtalk bubble.

He'll be more remembered getting knocked the f*** out by Jose Ramirez at this point. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

I was not predicting things to end up the way they have the night Tim hit the walk-off homer against the Yanks in the Field of Dreams game.  😞

Quite a sad fall from grace.

8 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Maybe not, but they do care if it has any affect with his play. He was an awful player in 2023.

• Like 1

I liked TA, and I also like this move both for the White Sox and TA. The org needs to move away from him and he needs a fresh start. 

I would love for people against this to explain to me the maximum value Tim Anderson (given his last two subpar seasons, his age, and his power outage) hitting well next season would net the White Sox in trade. 2024 is dead; there’s no way this team can win as constructed; so it’s not likely picking up his option helps us win a title. 

TA’s max value is prospects, and not top prospects, IMO, so I think this proposition was either paying $14 million hoping to get two mid tier prospects that pan out to decent major leaguers in two years - with a decent chance that Tim is actually just done and you waste $14 million - or you’re going to keep $13 million of that $14 million and know you can spend that money better elsewhere this season and in the future. 

seems like a no brainer to me

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I just don't understand why we didn't pick it up and trade him? Or trade him last year? We get $0 of value from this we end up in the same place.

Just, why. What are we doing.

I agree that he should have been traded last season but I’m glad he’s gone.

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Considering Kim Ng herself said KW was the one who orchestrated the deal, I don't know how you can say it wasn't... unless you think she was lying.

She said KW orchestrated the Burger deal. Nothing about Anderson in any of the parts I saw. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What a fall from grace. McG and our Chuck are going to be mad, but it’s seemed pretty apparent TA has been one of the problems the last couple of seasons. I hope he gets his head on straight and gets good again, but he is an awful Major League Baseball player now.

I could be way off base here, but it sounds like he had some real mental health problems last year and really isolated himself from the rest of the team.   And top of that, he was absolutely awful when he came back from his injury.  Truly sad to see such a fall from grace from a guy who should have been a long-term star on the south side.

22 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I don’t want them to rush Montgomery so since we are probably going to be shitty again in 2024 I’d bring back Elvis for one more year.

Please remember that Getz was hired because we are not in a rebuild and anyone else would take a year to evaluate things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Please remember that Getz was hired because we are not in a rebuild and anyone else would take a year to evaluate things.

If the evaluation is anything but "spend money on big talent", it's for naught.

(it's for naught)

• Like 1

• Quin changed the title to Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion
  • Quin locked this topic