Benetti to Tigers

BBaum21

45 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Back in the day they had phone books, Harry's number was listed when he moved into Water Tower Place.

Right, remember when the new ones came out every year and you had to check on your name and number, brings back memories of the move “The Jerk”.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I turn on the Score and immediately hear Holmes saying he won’t go to any Sox games next year now and Parkins say “Benetti is a better broadcaster than Robert is a CF”.  The Robert one is possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Better to just read the Chicago Fanatics message boards to hear their take on what the Score idiots are saying.

https://www.chicagofanatics.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Parkins always asks like his crap don't stink.  

He and Spiegel lost me when they put Clevinger's ex on the air and gave her a platform to make unsubstantiated claims about a public figure.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Better to just read the Chicago Fanatics message boards to hear their take on what the Score idiots are saying.

https://www.chicagofanatics.com/

I used to listen to Stone segments, and a few others if they were White Sox or general MLB related, but I stopped accessing all of it and haven’t missed anything. 

There is enough written material out there to access, and you don’t have to deal with ads or Score douchebaggery.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I just don't need to hear how it was his dream in life and he was being forced to leave it. You don't abandon dreams over contract dispute. 

Hard disagree on your last sentence. The real world tends to slap childhood dreams in the face. That's probably what happened here. At the end of the day broadcasting any team is a dream job and if another employer is more serious then I gotta go where I feel appreciated ( and probably paid more!)

• Like 1

I wish Stone was leaving.

Jason grew on me.

He's an excellent broadcaster. Reinsdorf probably wanted him to cut back on his national back commitments. 

This helllish ownership needs to end.

Edited by GradMc
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Saufley said:

Will they have the new announcer introduced at SoxFest? Oh, they won't have the guts to have SoxFest this year again!! What a loser organization!!

Soxfest is in cold storage until new ownership.

And that one will be a doozy !!

i havent felt like this about White Sox related matters since Kopech blew his arm out in his first year. I wasnt even a huge fan of Benetti, I think its more like understanding the Sox just dont give a s%*#, or are doing this on purpose to drive fans out like how Fisher did it.

Although I knew that the Sox didnt care about the fans, I really just feel it right now. I really feel like im done. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

That's nice. I too had an encounter with Farmio, and he was really a sweet guy.

I was at that game. Cowens batting hits the ball, runs to the mound instead of 1B and clocks Farmer who is watching the play and does not see Cowens. Farmer had busted Cowens' jaw a year or so before and Cowens already hated Sox fans from some rowdy games in 1977. Farmer had visited Cowens at the hospital when he broke his jaw from a pitch. I think Tigers were the opponents when Cowens flipped out. He was kind of bush. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Instead of contributing to the conversation, you did this...

O.K. Location Your Mom, how's this?

Benetti is quick and clever and will eventually become a sports broadcaster on a national level.  Few are better at prep on stats.  His promos/commercials are at a elite level.  I don't think he is suited to baseball.  He has an annoying teasing way of asking questions that he gets away with for reasons I won't mention.  After years of listening to hall of famers Caray and Harrelson, he pales in comparison.  I think the White Sox may have wanted him to only do sox games on days they played and that had much to do with his leaving.  I am glad he is leaving.

56 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

i havent felt like this about White Sox related matters since Kopech blew his arm out in his first year. I wasnt even a huge fan of Benetti, I think its more like understanding the Sox just dont give a s%*#, or are doing this on purpose to drive fans out like how Fisher did it.

Although I knew that the Sox didnt care about the fans, I really just feel it right now. I really feel like im done. 

Strange how nobody in the ownership group seems to give a damn also. Can't believe they don't understand how many fans they are losing.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I was at that game. Cowens batting hits the ball, runs to the mound instead of 1B and clocks Farmer who is watching the play and does not see Cowens. Farmer had busted Cowens' jaw a year or so before and Cowens already hated Sox fans from some rowdy games in 1977. Farmer had visited Cowens at the hospital when he broke his jaw from a pitch. I think Tigers were the opponents when Cowens flipped out. He was kind of bush. 

June 20, 1980 - Tigers outfielder Al Cowens attacked Sox relief pitcher Ed Farmer.

In the 11th inning of a game at Comiskey Park, Cowens ran towards Farmer after hitting a ground ball instead of running towards first base. The two had a melee on the mound. One-year earlier Farmer broke his jaw when he was pitching for Texas on an errant pitch.

Chicago police went looking for Cowens after the game to press assault charges. Farmer, who had polycystic kidney disease, ended up on the bottom of the pile, where his cysts burst and his kidneys weakened. He would be an All-Star the next month, amid his greatest season, but Farmer said from the moment after the brawl he felt weaker, and was never the same pitcher.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I have had individuals relay stories to me personally about Boyer that I don't want to make public to expose them.

Suffice it to say, Jerry is fine with Boyer and others taking the blame. However, Hawk, Jason and others have pegged the situation dealing with / working under Boyer accurately. Wouldn't go as far as to say he is John McDonough level, but that is what he aspires to be.

Can you provide a bit more detail?  Not sure I’m grasping what you are suggesting about Boyer.

I honestly can't get upset about anytime the team does at this point. I also can't get excited. 

He grew on me and I eventually came to enjoy his broadcasting abilities. I'm certain the next broadcaster will be just fine after a period of adjustment. 

As far as leaving his dream job. I suspect he dreamed of being treated well and valued as an employee. Sometimes your dreams become nightmares or you achieve it and move on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Small world. I was at that game too.

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Funny, the Kopech thing, that's immediately what I thought, after my tiger fan buddy broke the news to me saying "ours now, b****".

• Like 1