Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

11 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's why I never got in.  I never thought Elias would offer the type of players the Sox are looking for and I have yet to hear anything to make me think otherwise.  

Honestly, if Elias wasn’t even in the zip code in regards to players we wouldn’t continue to hear that talks continue, the Orioles are front runners, etc.

Coming around to roll the dice with the new defense and get a 25-30% better return at the deadline.

It’s like trading Dak Prescott, Tua, Trevor Lawrence or even Justin Fields (as of this week) when we believe Dylan’s truly an elite guy in the right situation and should be properly valued as one of the top ten out of 150 instead of merely top 25-30% or whatever.

Orioles fans are acting like he is Kirk Cousins.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's why I never got in.  I never thought Elias would offer the type of players the Sox are looking for and I have yet to hear anything to make me think otherwise.  

What did the sox think of coby mayo back in the draft. Could he be a target?

5 minutes ago, Downtown Brown said:

What did the sox think of coby mayo back in the draft. Could he be a target?

“One of the strongest arms in the system, if not the Minor Leagues, works very well for third base. Even though he currently moves surprisingly well for his size, there are concerns that he will outgrow the ability to play third and there’s a chance he ends up at first or left field when all is said and done. The kind of consistent power production the Orioles think he can provide will work from any spot on the diamond.”

If they wanted so desperately to ditch Burger, there’s no indication a 45 grade glove is the right direction.  To really maintain plus value, he’d have to utilize that 70 arm and tons of coaching in RF.  But, as a 40 grade route runner…even RF might be too much for him.  

mlbpipeline.com

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Can’t waste a 70 arm on 1B.  Not until you prove he simply can’t adequately play LF RF 3B 2B first…

Getz has gotten his job on promising people in the right positions. So sure on another team he can pass for a position he cant play. But not here.

And the league is not trending that way anyway so if his bat is very good it's not going to be an issue and he's going to take a team's 1b or dh

3 minutes ago, Fielder Jones said:

Getz has gotten his job on promising people in the right positions. So sure on another team he can pass for a position he cant play. But not here.

And the league is not trending that way anyway so if his bat is very good it's not going to be an issue and he's going to take a team's 1b or dh

Then goodbye Vaughn or Eloy.

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Dodgers were smart and dealt their older infield prospect with nowhere to play for a promising 19 year old pitcher.

I was once told that great players were never blocked.  I’m looking forward to seeing the O’s start multiple players at certain positions on any given night.

1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:

Aren’t the O’s working out Mayo in the OF? 

Anyway, I hope he’s the main piece in the return for the Sox. The bat will play anywhere. They need all the power they can get. 

Yea I like him to just stay as our 3B.  Down the road he can move to 1B as Vaughn insurance 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don;t know what they thought about him and yes he's a target but I don't think he's being offered in this deal.  

If Cowser and Ortiz are the best prospects being offered in this deal it’s just not all that exciting tbh

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Is Noah Schultz really not on the BP 101? 

I would like to see their breakdown of position players to pitchers in their top 101, but my guess is they have probably aligned hard against especially younger pitching prospects.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic