Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

For the tenth time, spare parts will not net you Luzardo. No lies, just facts. That deal starts with Mayo or Basallo

I told Sports Guy this a couple of days ago. He said O's fans would be "happy" to give up better packages for Luzardo. Then he went back to the same "[pick a player] won't be in that trade". 

Dude's tedious. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nrockway said:

I'm mostly impressed by how many posts Sports Guy has managed to rack up in a month (in only this thread?). And I thought I posted here too much....and I actually like this team! Put me out of my misery ASAP when I make 1000 posts in a month on an Orioles message board.

TBF A playoff race makes posting a bit easier. 

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

I like Dylan Cease a lot. To be completely honest, I'd feel really bad sending him to the complete dump that is Baltimore, home to possibly the dumbest fanbase in the county. 

They still haven't gotten over the John Elway rejection.

40 minutes ago, hi8is said:

We’re close to the Manny Machado 300 page threshold. 😆

Manny thread was 884 pages. Still awhile to go. Also multiple threads on that front so probably well over 1000. Either way this thread is somehow way worse than that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

We'll now we know why the Orioles fans think the way they do. The GM expects to get something g for nothing even though he acknowledged that you must trade something to get something. 

They are going to be stuck in the "almost made it." 

43 minutes ago, ptatc said:

We'll now we know why the Orioles fans think the way they do. The GM expects to get something g for nothing even though he acknowledged that you must trade something to get something. 

They are going to be stuck in the "almost made it." 

He doesn't feel pressure to make a trade. Just because he has probably the deepest farm system in baseball doesn't mean he has to deal from it.

“We are as well-equipped as any team to rattle off prospect packages for any player,” said Elias. “That doesn’t mean that we want to do that just because we have the No. 1 farm system, and we could theoretically outbid any team. At some point it becomes a trade that you don’t want to do. It equips us to get involved in every conversation. But there is more to making trades than just being the high bidder. The trade has to make sense. A lot of our prospects are so close to the majors if they are not there yet. These are guys that are going to help the 2024 O’s too. We have to keep all that in mind.”

I asked Elias if the Orioles are prepared to lose some of their best prospects?

“We are definitely prepared to. We’ve had a lot of conversations dating back to the trade deadline where we’ve made some of our more famous prospects available. Just because we have this wonderful farm system and we theoretically would have the ability to match or top people’s trade offers, we have to worry about the balance of the trade itself.

“Lot of our players are prospects. These are guys that have tools and are performing. Performing in Triple-A and are consensus top 50 prospects in baseball. We have teams asking about them left and right. You don’t just throw those guys into trades and write it off. Those are players that are going to be helping soon and for a long time. We’ve got to balance that. It’s fun for us to be in a position where we can get into every trade conversation.

“But this perception that we have too many prospects and we need to get rid of some of them, that doesn’t register with me. We want to have a very talented organization. We need to make good trades, we don’t need to jettison players. But we’re very open to and very realistic about making our prospects available because there are impact players out there. You have to give something to get something.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/o-s-mike-elias-on-weighing-trade-possibilities-and-mlb-network-s-dan-o-dowd-on-the-orioles

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic