Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Something like Woo + Montes + Clase doable?  Montes is pretty intriguing.  I feel like the Sox would prefer an OF closer to the majors. Gabriel Gonzaelez just feels like more of what we have so I'd prefer he not be a major part of the trade. I would certainly take him over Clase in the proposed deal, but that feels pretty heavy with the Woo headliner.  

That deal would be great, but seems way too heavy on the Mariners side 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Is it weird that I would prefer not so much of the value in a return be tied up in the pitching piece? IE Woo? If dealing with the Mariners I'd really like to pry into that bucket of Young/Emerson/Ford somehow.

No, I think many people feel the same way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Is it weird that I would prefer not so much of the value in a return be tied up in the pitching piece? IE Woo? If dealing with the Mariners I'd really like to pry into that bucket of Young/Emerson/Ford somehow.

I don't think it's weird at all. I think people are underestimating the value of a major league ready starter with 6 years of control. That's a nice get, but you won't receive much more along with him. I also don't think adding another starter is really Seattle's area of need though, so I doubt any of their top positional prospects are on the table.

36 minutes ago, fathom said:

Woo seems likely to be more valuable over the years than Kjerstad

I agree.  I just really want the Sox to get a legitimate LH OF bat from this trade.  We damn well know they aren't going to sign one. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I was thinking 2B with Urias and Rojas platooning (they work better as a platoon than both starting).

Maybe, but it's a waste of money for a cost conscious team. Not sue what Whit gives them over their current UT/platoon guys.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Something like Woo + Montes + Clase doable?  Montes is pretty intriguing.  I feel like the Sox would prefer an OF closer to the majors. Gabriel Gonzaelez just feels like more of what we have so I'd prefer he not be a major part of the trade. I would certainly take him over Clase in the proposed deal, but that feels pretty heavy with the Woo headliner.  

I doubt the Mariners would consider trading him, but Colt Emerson would absolutely be who I would target in a trade. 

He could break out in a big way in 2024. 

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

https://x.com/tydanegonzalez/status/1752030158557462572?s=46&t=YB66BSH8MdsOmPwZtTqy1w

Seems like something might be brewing. No idea if it’s Cease.

FWIW, just scrolling through M's twitter/message board, they think a trade is likely happening, but don't know what. They seem as puzzled my the Mariner's supposed interest in Cease as some of us are.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nothing about a Cease for Miller or Woo plus more makes any sense.

M's trading prospects for Cease then moving Woo or Miller for bats (separate or as a 3 way) is really the only thing that makes sense to me. Trading 6 years of control for 2 years of Cease simply doesn't.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I doubt the Mariners would consider trading him, but Colt Emerson would absolutely be who I would target in a trade. 

He could break out in a big way in 2024. 

Man it woulda been since if we didn't throw away our first rounder.  All our proposals have had a 2023 first rounder as a primary piece... Emerson, Bradfield, Waldrep... :(

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

M's trading prospects for Cease then moving Woo or Miller for bats (separate or as a 3 way) is really the only thing that makes sense to me. Trading 6 years of control for 2 years of Cease simply doesn't.

But Bob said the Sox want Miller or Woo.  

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic