Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Didn’t seem like anything really sourced, but Bruce mentioned Orioles, Dodgers, Mariners and Rangers as options today.  He clarified his stance that Cease being dealt before ST starts was his opinion.

The Rangers aren't someone we have talked about a lot, but boy could they put together a top notch deal if they wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Rangers aren't someone we have talked about a lot, but boy could they put together a top notch deal if they wanted to.

Especially if they lose out on Montgomery.. 

Heyman is on at 2pm CST on that Bleacher Report app, fully expecting him to say that Dylan Cease may or may not be traded 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Rangers making this move right now would also be rather bizarre. While they could use starting pitching right now, it is reasonable to expect that one or both of DeGrom and Scherzer could be available in the second half. 

They still have to get through the first half, but paying a big prospect price when they have a decent likelihood of starting help in the second half and for the playoffs doesn't seem like a very smart strategy. Similarly, they're going to have to at least try DeGrom in 2025 with the money he's making.

This is the kind of place that should sign a Clevinger or something like that.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The Rangers making this move right now would also be rather bizarre. While they could use starting pitching right now, it is reasonable to expect that one or both of DeGrom and Scherzer could be available in the second half. 

They still have to get through the first half, but paying a big prospect price when they have a decent likelihood of starting help in the second half and for the playoffs doesn't seem like a very smart strategy. Similarly, they're going to have to at least try DeGrom in 2025 with the money he's making.

This is the kind of place that should sign a Clevinger or something like that.

Not to mention Seager's suddenly shaky health status now.

50 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

If the Rangers are involved you can assume the players the Sox would be targeting would be INF Justin Foscue and SP Brock Porter.

Why would we want Foscue?

RH 2B that's a butcher that can only hit for avg.....what am I missing here?

If they are gonna go SP plus one positional piece, it would be a disaster of biblical proportions for Getz to accept a RH hitter that is also a butcher as the position piece.

If Getz is going to suddenly be OK with butchers, at least get a LHS. I mean if that's the case, they should have gotten Busch plus one of the LAD pitching prospects.

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Why would we want Foscue?

RH 2B that's a butcher that can only hit for avg.....what am I missing here?

If they are gonna go SP plus one positional piece, it would be a disaster of biblical proportions for Getz to accept a RH hitter that is also a butcher as the position piece.

If Getz is going to suddenly be OK with butchers, at least get a LHS. I mean if that's the case, they should have gotten Busch plus one of the LAD pitching prospects.

I'm with you. Bat only profile. I'd be pretty underwhelmed.

Scouting Report: Wherever he lands on the diamond, Foscue’s value will come from what he does at the plate. When he swings, he usually makes contact. His rate of miss (17.8%) and in-zone miss (8.9%) were both excellent, but his impact was just average. To improve, Foscue will need to add some more loft to his bat path, which was an area of focus at Texas’ postseason instructional camp. If he can make that change successfully, some of the 62 doubles he’s amassed over the past two seasons might leave the park. Defensively, Foscue does not have the range, mobility or arm strength to stick up the middle or at third base. He’s also blocked by Josh Jung, Corey Seager and Marcus Semien. That leaves first base, where he might serve as an effective platoon partner for Nathaniel Lowe. Foscue is a well below-average runner as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am sure Carter and Langford are off limits, but the Wolcott kid, as well as Leiter and Rocker are all pieces that could build a deal together with.

Walcott, Porter and Rocker would be my ask or maybe grab Zavala after a down year

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

10 minutes ago, flavum said:

I think Getz is playing this ok. Still think Cease is gone before games start (2/23), but he may actually have to show up to Glendale for a short time. 

I'm a getting a little concerned he didn't play it correctly when its all said and done. I am very nervous about keeping Cease into the season.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The biggest benefit of this offseason is learning all the MLB minor league systems about as well or even better than KW or Haber…because of all the sharing of data points and diverse perspectives percolating.

Even more names to throw about!

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

34 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I'm a getting a little concerned he didn't play it correctly when its all said and done. I am very nervous about keeping Cease into the season.

I mean I’d much rather he ask for too much than accept too little. Plenty of time left here.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean I’d much rather he ask for too much than accept too little. Plenty of time left here.

Not really, we're roughly 2 weeks away from ST starting up. I really don't like how we may end up banking on Cease building up his value when the chances of his value remaining the same or decreasing are more likely to occur.

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Not really, we're roughly 2 weeks away from ST starting up. I really don't like how we may end up banking on Cease building up his value when the chances of his value remaining the same or decreasing are more likely to occur.

Agree and we don’t even know if the best offers are “too little.”

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Not so sure about that with the generally much improved defense (still don't know about RF) and almost complete turnover of the roster...not to mention renewed motivation for Dylan to pitch well enough to be traded to a contender.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic