Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Baron said:

Anybody else roll their eyes at Balta's comments about insiders now? 

No, but at least Morosi risked it all and shared his information, albeit incorrect.  The message board and Twitter “insiders” just stay as obscure and ambiguous as possible so they can never be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Anybody else roll their eyes at Balta's comments about insiders now? 

8500 replies in this thread and you're rolling your eyes at me rather than at Morosi saying a trade is "plausible."

I'd say that you guys would believe a post by an Italian beef sandwich if they claimed to be an insider but...well...

• Like 1

With two high end SP on the market I still don't fully understand moving Cease today unless you are very bearish on his stock moving forward during the season.  

Doesn't seem like a sell high situation which doesn't make a ton of sense to force it unless Robert is also going.

Yeah sorry I have to agree with Balta on this one. Anyone who tweets or posts "Its possible the White Sox trade Cease before opening day" is just wasting characters. Like get the hell out of here with that, no s%*#.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

8500 replies in this thread and you're rolling your eyes at me rather than at Morosi saying a trade is "plausible."

I'd say that you guys would believe a post by an Italian beef sandwich if they claimed to be an insider but...well...

Well thank god your here to dispel any irrational thoughts we might have. Thank goodness!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Yeah sorry I have to agree with Balta on this one. Anyone who tweets or posts "Its possible the White Sox trade Cease before opening day" is just wasting characters. Like get the hell out of here with that, no s%*#.

Bullshit. He's been bitching about them the entire offseason not just Jon Morosi. I'm sorry but I don't need for him to be telling us what to read and how to take it. We don't require his assistance. 

Maybe I give people too much credit on here lately but it seems like we've learned not to give the food accounts or random accounts alot of credibility. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Well thank god your here to dispel any irrational thoughts we might have. Thank goodness!

I literally had people tagging me in a conversation I wasn't in last night to brag about the importance of these new insider reports because they wanted to brag about how things were clearly going down.

Y'all want to believe these guys and they pump out super vague clickbait to the point that they're occasionally right, when they say things that wind up completely wrong it doesn't cost them enough credibility that their next set of posts get ignored (see literally 8500 posts in this thread), and y'all bring me in and tag me to brag every time there's a rumor because OMG there's a new insider rumor this is awesome. 

So sure, feel free to be mad at me for having the audacity to call this out as malarky.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I literally had people tagging me in a conversation I wasn't in last night to brag about the importance of these new insider reports because they wanted to brag about how things were clearly going down.

Y'all want to believe these guys and they pump out super vague clickbait to the point that they're occasionally right, when they say things that wind up completely wrong it doesn't cost them enough credibility that their next set of posts get ignored (see literally 8500 posts in this thread), and y'all bring me in and tag me to brag every time there's a rumor because OMG there's a new insider rumor this is awesome. 

So sure, feel free to be mad at me for having the audacity to call this out as malarky.

I'm not mad at all. Just tired of your nonsense. 

Frankly the dunking I think you've earned it. Especially after Ken Rosenthal's report last night. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm not mad at all. Just tired of your nonsense. 

Frankly the dunking I think you've earned it. Especially after Ken Rosenthal's report last night. 

They dunked on me on January 9 in this thread for Rosenthal saying the White Sox were going to get a haul for Cease, again by name. Did that report, which at this point is now incorrect by more than 2 months, cost Rosenthal any credibility? 

Eventually they're going to be right, because eventually Cease is going to be traded. But who other than me is dunking on Rosenthal for his incorrect reports earlier in this offseason? Who else is tired of these false insider reports and calling them nonsense, when they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

They dunked on me on January 9 in this thread for Rosenthal saying the White Sox were going to get a haul for Cease, again by name. Did that report, which at this point is now incorrect by more than 2 months, cost Rosenthal any credibility? 

Eventually they're going to be right, because eventually Cease is going to be traded. But who other than me is dunking on Rosenthal for his incorrect reports earlier in this offseason? 

Rosenthal's job is literally to write about baseball rumors in the offseason.  Of course his scoops are going to occasionally be wrong.  Morosi is kind of a dope, so he deserves some flack from baseball fans, but like - these guys are paid to be "insiders". 

This is quite different from posters who come in here/or on twitter with the eyeballs, etc. acting like they have something, never share much of consequence, and then will claim they had it early when the deal does eventually go down.  Now that stuff is lame.  Either share what you got, or keep the innuendos to yourself - that I 100% agree with you on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Tbf 30% of those are Sports Guy and Co. telling us that we're morons

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Rosenthal's job is literally to write about baseball rumors in the offseason.  Of course his scoops are going to occasionally be wrong.  Morosi is kind of a dope, so he deserves some flack from baseball fans, but like - these guys are paid to be "insiders". 

This is quite different from posters who come in here/or on twitter with the eyeballs, etc. acting like they have something, never share much of consequence, and then will claim they had it early when the deal does eventually go down.  Now that stuff is lame.  Either share what you got, or keep the innuendos to yourself - that I 100% agree with you on. 

And people like Rosenthal, who probably are actually hearing things, are also at risk of GMs using them to try to drive a market. A ton of that has happened this offseason, it's very clear that Chris Getz was using these guys to try to drive the market.  That's why none of the reports have been correct, because people are leaking things to him and Nightingale so that they get clicks and hoping that can create a trade market that hasn't existed so far.

So maybe let's add some more skepticism to how we read every one of these reports?

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed, 100%.  But this is why I actually give dopey Morosi some credit.  He ran with a story  that he thought was correct and there was no way of backing out of it.  That is indeed ballsier than what the fake insiders do with their insinuating eyeballs and vague comments about another “unnamed” team being interest in said player.  When someone is being as obscure as possible with their supposed inside information, they are likely full of crap, have no sources, and just get off on the being a fake insider.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, Whisox05 said:

Yes! As they should. I honestly think Cease is in store for a big bounce back this season. Especially with a better defense behind him. I bet he has a better season than Burnes, is cheaper from a $ perspective, and has an additional season of control. 1.5x sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Shouldn’t it be 2 times as much since Cease is under control for a second year, or is it 0.5 less because Burnes is better than Cease?

At some point it’s law of diminishing returns. An extra year of control doesn’t necessarily equate to 2x the return.

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Shouldn’t it be 2 times as much since Cease is under control for a second year, or is it 0.5 less because Burnes is better than Cease?

Accurate. It's 0.5 less than twice as much because Burnes is better than Cease. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

Accurate. It's 0.5 less than twice as much because Burnes is better than Cease. 

But perhaps it should be 0.37 less because Cease has previously been better and we should factor that in. 

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic