Reynaldo López signs 3 yr deal with ATL

Sleepy Harold

48 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Seems crazy to me. Thirty million for three years?  I don't think Lopez is worth anywhere near that much.

For people that think we're going to sign the middle-tier starters to round out our rotation, take a good look at this deal for this caliber of pitcher, and now reconsider what our rotation will really look like this year.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

For people that think we're going to sign the middle-tier starters to round out our rotation, take a good look at this deal for this caliber of pitcher, and now reconsider what our rotation will really look like this year.

Ugh.....you are right. 

There is pretty much no way we are going to pay for even middle tier pitching if this is the market. I was thinking they might nab Manaea and also take a flyer on Flaherty but that's not gonna happen....maybe one at most.

Which means the Cease return probably will have to be all pitching which means the lineup is still trash. 

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

I bet he shines there. Good for Reylo

I doubt he's much more than a middle reliever the rest of his career but just being on a MLB team long enough to get a few contracts will give him generational wealth if he spends it smartly. He was always a good soldier here and I'm sure he's happy to go to a club that has a shot of winning something.

11 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Precisely why Dylan Cease is worth a boatload.  Lance Lynn just got $11M guaranteed after posting a 6 ERA.  But sure, Cease will just get 1 back end top 100 guy. lolz

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Precisely why Dylan Cease is worth a boatload.  Lance Lynn just got $11M guaranteed after posting a 6 ERA.  But sure, Cease will just get 1 back end top 100 guy. lolz

18 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Yeah, we might have to just sign both Montas and Severino (I originally thought maybe you use 1 rotation spot on one of these guys, not both) at high AAV 1 year deals. Might be looking at a rotation of: Montas, Severino, Kopech, Soroka, Touki to start next year (also, depending on what we get for Cease, that 5th spot could be an MLB ready SP from Dodgers).

Edited by Bob Sacamano

14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Ugh.....you are right. 

There is pretty much no way we are going to pay for even middle tier pitching if this is the market. I was thinking they might nab Manaea and also take a flyer on Flaherty but that's not gonna happen....maybe one at most.

Which means the Cease return probably will have to be all pitching which means the lineup is still trash. 

Y'all think I'm joking when I say that Opening Day is gonna be Touki Time.

But, again, Christopher R. Getz was hired because we're in Not A Rebuild ™

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Braves got a good deal.  3/$26 with the big money deferred a year v. 3/$24 for Graveman 2 years ago.
Reynaldo is younger and better; accounting for inflation, probably a tad cheaper too.
I wonder if the Braves don't view the Sox relieves as under-coached.

Didn't someone near the trade deadline last year report that talking to teams' scouts, the thought was "get some of those guys out of Chicago?" haha