DeJong to Sox

hogan873

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

DeJong will be very valuable if Remillard, Sosa, Gonzalez and Rodriguez all get injured.

Like the beginning of the first episode of Family Guy when it returned from being cancelled and Peter named off about 30 Fox shows that had started and been cancelled, saying that if all those shows got cancelled, Family Guy might make it.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Brett Lawrie and Jimmy Rollins was a better combo. That didn’t work out so well. Hope they get something decent for Cease and Eloy or they are going to be horrendous until JR gets out.

Yeah things are quite awful in terms of roster personnel with not much in the pipeline

• Like 1

I read some BA chat in like 2015 praising the cards for turning dejong into an unlikely shortstop because of his height and it probably wasn't dejong but boy did that stick with me.

Everytime I saw a closeup of that young man I'd think" wow, that's the face of a tall man"

7 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Well, the defense up the middle got a lot better.  That's something, right?  Right?

What it seems like the plan is, to establish an identity on the ground floor of adding/promoting the real talent to the roster later. I guess in this case, a defensive identity. Perhaps a grinder mentality. In other words, the ballyhooed quick turnaround may amount to a turnaround in style orientation rather than a turnaround in the standings.

• bmags unpinned this topic