Jerry visits Nashville mayor

Quin

Probably doesn't mean anything, but fans and just about everyone else should not give into any manipulations by JR. He should be concentrating more on making the White Sox a major league team because it isn't right now. If it hasn't dawned on him, the FO staked its reputation on this rebuild, and it failed. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s doing everything possible to alienate the fan base.  

Yes. Hard to even pretend that he doesn’t hate us anymore.

15 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Let.it.happen

This. At this point, I agree.

14 minutes ago, T R U said:

I have no idea who my new favorite team would be if this happened

Nobody. I would join the majority of Americans that just don’t care about baseball anymore.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, T R U said:

I have no idea who my new favorite team would be if this happened

Right now the White Sox are 1A and the Rays 1B so it would be easy to make the Rays 1A but I want the Sox to remain in the city of my birth forever, it would break my heart if they left Chicago and ceded the city to the Flubs.

BTW the Lightning have been 1A in my heart for awhile now with the Blackhawks hardly on my radar anymore. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

Chicago can’t adequately fund Park / School athletic facilities or a myriad of other capital projects. Billionaire owners need to primarily fund their own facilities like the UC and Wrigley Field, or they need to leave. Period. 

Comiskey Park II is perfectly fine. It’s the organization he leads that is abysmal.

Really hoping Montreal gets an expansion team, the second team Jerry destroyed, so I can give zero fucks if he moves.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

Yes. Hard to even pretend that he doesn’t hate us anymore.

This. At this point, I agree.

Nobody. I would join the majority of Americans that just don’t care about baseball anymore.

Ditto

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If they move, I hope it's before the Rays get a new stadium deal so they can move here.

The Rays have already finalized a deal, as has Milwaukee. The Orioles and Maryland are still negotiating their lease, and with ownership connections to Nashville and the delipidated condition of Baltimore, they will move to Nashville well before the Sox lease expires.

8 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If they move, I hope it's before the Rays get a new stadium deal so they can move here.

They have a new deal, the new stadium is going to be very close to where the Trop is which I think is a terrible decision but it’s all the Rays could get. The new park will be part of a fairly large entertainment area like the Braves have near Atlanta, maybe it will work but a huge segment of the metro area still lives in Tampa and it’s a real pain for fans to drive down to St. Pete, besides fans who live east of the Bay itself, they have to go way out of the way to get to the Trop.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It seems very clear to me now, that this is intentional and Jerry’s way of creating some leverage for Chicago to help finance a new park.  What a fucking scumbag.

This will be the ugliest Sox season of our lifetime.  Horrible team, pathetic attendance and a livid fan base.

• Like 5