Morosi linked Whit to White Sox in Dec23

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yes. This would be the lesser of two evils.

Or just start Korey Lee until Quero is ready in 25.and if he hits 150/180/270 in the interim so what? It's going to be a garbage year anyway and they seem to enjoy making us miserable so why spend money on slop? 

Because, Character!🙄

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This org is so fucking stupid. KC had what, two good seasons in the past 20, and for some reason this franchise is obsessed with becoming the Royals East. Like, WTF. I'll never understand.

Meanwhile the Braves have also acquired Bummer, Reynaldo, and Leury Garcia. Baseball is weird.

5 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I just want to note that the tweet didn’t indicate there had been any talks between the two at all. It’s just an offhand suggestion from someone who clearly hasn’t paid attention to the acquisitions the Sox have already made the past few weeks. 

We all know. Were reacting to the site’s insiders posts indicating interest.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yes. This would be the lesser of two evils.

Or just start Korey Lee until Quero is ready in 25.and if he hits 150/180/270 in the interim so what? It's going to be a garbage year anyway and they seem to enjoy making us miserable so why spend money on slop? 

Just sign Austin Hedges who will put up that slash line but at least with elite defense.  Not like Getz cares about offense all that much anyways.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just sign Austin Hedges who will put up that slash line but at least with elite defense.  Not like Getz cares about offense all that much anyways.

Lee would get booed to death going into May/June with those same numbers again.

There has to be a whipping boy to symbolize the complete ineptitude.  Somehow Romy and Sosa and Remillard could’t quite pull it off, nor our Cuban RFer who was shockingly overhyped.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Lee would get booed to death going into May/June with those same numbers again.

There has to be a whipping boy to symbolize the complete ineptitude.  Somehow Romy and Sosa and Remillard could’t quite pull it off, nor our Cuban RFer who was shockingly overhyped.

There already is and his name is Pedro Grifol.

• Haha 2

Just now, Sleepy Harold said:

There already is and his name is Pedro Grifol.

But people are just apathetic about him…it’s like trying to hate Beckham or Connor McKnight.  Well, maybe Lawrence Holmes or Zack what’s his name.

They need a true villain/boogeyman like Mariotti or Cowley from the good ol' days.

14 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

This org is so fucking stupid. KC had what, two good seasons in the past 20, and for some reason this franchise is obsessed with becoming the Royals East. Like, WTF. I'll never understand.

They made it to the World Series two years in a row, winning once, with a payroll in the bottom half of the league. That's what Jerry is (half-heartedly) chasing.

There's an old line about JR that Sox Machine references a lot: "Throughout the fall and winter, he was still driven by the dream: to create a World Series winner in a business climate that made sense to him."

It's stupid as fucking s%*#, but I believe that's more or less the obsession with the Royals.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

They made it to the World Series two years in a row, winning once, with a payroll in the bottom half of the league. That's what Jerry is (half-heartedly) chasing.

There's an old line about JR that Sox Machine references a lot: "Throughout the fall and winter, he was still driven by the dream: to create a World Series winner in a business climate that made sense to him."

It's stupid as fucking s%*#, but I believe that's more or less the obsession with the Royals.

I don’t doubt that this all plays into it. I’ve heard that quote a few times and it makes perfect sense, and shows just how disconnected he is from the realities of modern baseball. The way the Royals won is the outlier, not the blueprint. At least not one any sensible baseball executive would follow. The business environment JR wants to thrive in doesn’t exist, yet his myopic insistence that their way is the right way keeps him from finding regular postseason success. It’s all so maddening. And we the customer are held hostage by the continual backwards thinking that cripples this team year in and year out. 

• Fire 2

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t doubt that this all plays into it. I’ve heard that quote a few times and it makes perfect sense, and shows just how disconnected he is from the realities of modern baseball. The way the Royals won is the outlier, not the blueprint. At least not one any sensible baseball executive would follow. The business environment JR wants to thrive in doesn’t exist, yet his myopic insistence that their way is the right way keeps him from finding regular postseason success. It’s all so maddening. And we the customer are held hostage by the continual backwards thinking that cripples this team year in and year out. 

Yup. And essentially he'd rather fail the "right" way than succeed the "wrong" way. Cool stuff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Snopek said:

Look at how many owners they've had since Ewing Kauffman and his free-spending ways...that's three that overlap JR.

Edited by caulfield12

23 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

MLBTR now tells us the Red Sox have interest in Merrifield. Maybe we get Avisail back to play RF. 

If we're going to get somebody to come back to play RF, might as well snag Dye. Actually, we should just see if Dye, Iguchi, and AJ want to come out of retirement. Three positions of need, and even at an old age, they would still probably outperform what we've been getting at those positions lately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Our Chuck calling Whit and his 90 wRC+ solid offense shows how bad 2B has been for 15 freaking years.

But also a reminder that Chuck fucking gaslights us, because if Merrifield signs here and predictably sucks, Chuck we'll go "why didn't the Sox sign a real second baseman," a la his hype of Hanser, Harrison and "EDWIN FREAKIN' ENCARNACION."

• Thanks 1

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Morosi linked Whit to White Sox in Dec23