4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Nice W. Can’t really cheer for losses for better picks. 10th pick is a lock. Just win when you can. Fun game!

Yep, no real reason to want them to lose outside of the slim chance they can Pedro. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Kopech as a closer will not be good for my blood pressure 

That's why I say " interesting". I don't get too emotionally invested in the games.

I like wins , want everyone to do well but losses are going to be plentiful  because there's just not enough MLB talent on the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Maldonado told Crochet he was opening up early.  He's a better pitching coach than Katz.  

Good.  I hope he retires tonight and joins the coaching staff.  Claim/swing a trade for Joey Bart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's why I say " interesting". I don't get too emotionally invested in the games.

I like wins , want everyone to do well but losses are going to be plentiful  because there's just not enough MLB talent on the team.

Yes, Interesting can mean many things and will with Kopech out there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yeah they suck. We don’t have to cheer for losses with the CBA draft rules changes. 10th is a lock.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You are giving Pedro way too much credit here in terms of his strategic thinking

or just pointing out that some fans don't think like lifetime baseball followers. Yea these umps have sucked since the beginning of the season and perhaps Pedro could've found the right time to get tossed but I don't think it was a good idea in that situation.

But we do need some calls to go our way . If these umps are going to treat our guys like rookies because they lack talent and give superstars like Acuna the benefit of the doubt, Grifol is going to find plenty of opportunities to get tossed.

59 minutes ago, wegner said:

Kopech as a closer will not be good for my blood pressure 

He is what he was and that's not what a closer needs to be.  I'm not sure if I want to call him a weak minded airhead.  100+ now is to hitters like 95 used to be and there isn't much else.  All he would need is one more reliable pitch for a 3-4 batter stint.  So, you keep trying new guys until you find one that sucks the least. Billy Beane said that he could make anyone into a closer and he was never wrong. 😁

The rotation is looking better.  Crochet looks like a physical Titan, Fedde's stuff has me super impressed and Clevinger will give us an honest day's work.

As far as the new PBP, he's got better broadcasting skills than Jason and he's less irritating.  Jason was better at basketball than baseball, but hoops can make anyone sound good.  All the negative things I've seen about Jason on this board over the years were forgotten for a few weeks, but sanity seems to have returned.

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Suck it, Marlins!

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Suck it, Marlins!

Still I wish we kept Burger and traded Vaughn instead, but  I guess the Marlins saw a bargain with Burger and grabbed it.

Well tip of the cap to Crochet. And Kopech for the final result. I think it's safe to say this is our formula to win. Have the big leaguers on the team lead us to victory. Crochet and Kopech belong in the bigs. And Bong is prolly good enough to be a big league reserve at least. We rode some of our few big leaguers to victory. ... And Moncada who is a big leaguer of some sort didn't boot the big grounder, turning the DP. I hate the Sox these days but do not want them to lose ever. Nice win over a good team.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Maldonado told Crochet he was opening up early.  He's a better pitching coach than Katz.  

Many people on this board see no value in a catcher with experience handling a young pitching staff.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Many people on this board see no value in a catcher with experience handling a young pitching staff.

Exactly. A clear example of a veteran catcher who is a coach on the field with incredible feel for the game helping a young pitcher get thru a brilliant outing yet everyone is just obsessed with fRaMiNg!!!!!!!!  Sheesh

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Exactly. A clear example of a veteran catcher who is a coach on the field with incredible feel for the game helping a young pitcher get thru a brilliant outing yet everyone is just obsessed with fRaMiNg!!!!!!!!  Sheesh

What does yesterday look like with Korey Lee catching?

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What does yesterday look like with Korey Lee catching?

Nevermind that Garrett Crochet is almost 25 years old and has been with the MLB team since 2020. Its not like hes some greenie making his debut here.

Maldonado is washed, has been washed, and is not helping anyone on this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

5 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He sucks at baseball. Any "intangible" he's bringing is heavily outweighed by....his inability to play baseball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He sucks at baseball. Any "intangible" he's bringing is heavily outweighed by....his inability to play baseball.

More wasted JR's money. They'll spend millions of stiffs and retreads but go out and get a game changer? No can do.  

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1