4/5: Chicago Royals @ KC Royals @640 CT - Fedde vs. Singer

Just now, fathom said:

Everyone in this organization is mailing it in.   Just seems like a total holding pattern until JR dies.

The team is going to lose 110 games and he clearly loved Benetti. Can't say I blame him.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Stone started crying on the air when talking about what Benetti meant to him/his career a few years ago. It was the night he was honored for 40 years in broadcasting.

That's true but they clearly didn't have much on air chemistry at the end. 

This Wilson cat is nails. Everyone hated his inclusion on the Cease deal but he could end up adding a couple more prospects to the fold this summer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

This Wilson cat is nails. Everyone hated his inclusion on the Cease deal but he could end up adding a couple more prospects to the fold this summer. 

I'll take a victory lap on that one. He was clearly more than a throw in and has the potential to be a solid 1 WAR reliever, at least as much as any non elite closer does year to year. He has a good track record.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'll take a victory lap on that one. He was clearly more than a throw in and has the potential to be a solid 1 WAR reliever, at least as much as any non elite closer does year to year. He has a good track record.

Just shows how much pressure SD was under to cut salary.

They went from Top 3 with the Dodgers and Mets all the way down to #14...right in front of the #15 White Sox.

Just now, Soxfest said:

It’s embarrassing that Getz thought this lineup was acceptable on a daily basis. Getz is amateur hour.

It’s good enough to stick right there with the Royals, and, after all, isn’t that the benchmark of any well-functioning organization?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

It’s clear to me he’s this team’s best reliever. Could get a very nice return for him in a July trade. Still has many years of cheap control.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

It’s embarrassing that Getz thought this lineup was acceptable on a daily basis. Getz is amateur hour.

He probably doesn't