4/12 Reds @ Sox 6:40 CDT

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Can we please just hire half the Brewers' front office?

Don't spend any more on players.

Just poach 3-5 members from the Top 6-8 development organizations in the majors and double or triple their current salaries...give them all guaranteed five year contracts.

Jerry would rather hire people he knows and lose 120 games than hire people he doesn't know and win 100.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Paper Bag 1

At least Remillard made a positive contribution.

And he gets the most out of his God-given ability.  Appreciates the opportunity to play at the big league level.  Does the little things right...just is never going to be a big league starter.

Lenyn Sosa...big time contact guy, ladies and gentlemen.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

getz saying he doesn’t like the team, then going out and assembling a much worse team makes a lot of sense when you consider jr’s disdain for his fanbase. probably why Getz was hired. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

m&m guy can be anywhere in the world right now and he's still here watching this. Amazing

Nice to be rich.

Like Mattress Mac in Houston.

But will draw the line at Dave Portnoy.

Edited by caulfield12

14 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I'd say Pedro handcuffed us by DH'ing Lee so that we couldn't pinch hit or pinch run for Maldonado without losing a DH, but I forgot nothing actually matters

Lee DHing is so mind boggling in its own right.

He's better defensively than Maldonado except for reputation. You can hit Gavin at DH because splits don't matter when one hitter has a .083 average with a .245 OPS and the other a .333 average with a 1.159 OPS.

Not only is this team poorly built because Getz can't GM, Pedro can't even make simple managerial moves that a computer could make.

• Like 5

I mean, maybe Maldonado is really good at handling pitchers…?

Meh - either way, Lee DHing is a complete fucking head-scratcher.

• Like 2

Flexed didn’t flex.  Unfortunate.

I do admire him and his agent.  He scammed Getz out of $1.75 million.  Not much money for an MLB team but a lot of money for a terrible starting pitcher who hasn’t been good in 2+ years.

How soon until Flexen is DFA?  As terrible as he is, even I would have thought he would’ve lasted past 3 starts.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's a huge improvement sadly.

I imagine with Moncada and Robert in the lineup it’s considerably better… but still.

What a blowout. I was in the car listening to Sox broadcast on Sirius. DJ and Len were talking about "something has to be done" referring to starting pitchers only going 4, 5 innings. They were talking about Tommy John surgeries and suggesting maybe 100 mph flamethrowers need to learn how to pitch so they can go seven. Throw 92-95 instead of 100 and learn how to pitch.

I was surprised cause I thought this was just a greg thing to b**** about starters not able to go deep in games. They made it sound like an actual problem all over the game of baseball.

On another topic I saw ESPN and other cable networks are not pleased at drop in the ratings and may dump baseball. Look, if baseball is a boring mess and other sports like women's basketball actually start doing well ratings wise, maybe the networks will be all in times 10 on NFL and college football and basketball and dump coverage of MLB. MLB is not even as exciting as bowling rite now IMO. So why were Len and DJ talking about stuff that concerns me in baseball.

• Haha 1

That Sox pitching really reeked tonight all the way down the line. Yuk. And just a couple hits? I bet those fans who attended had buyer's remorse. Any idea of the crowd? Were more than 5000 in the Cell?

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

One positive from today’s game. Sell the team chant officially started and was audible for a good 5 minutes on the broadcast. 

I was there, but didn’t hear it. Shame. I would’ve joined in.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Justin Anderson, the sheep thrown to the wolves.

I still can’t believe there are Sox fans out there that don’t think this offense will be historically bad.

The funny thing is when Getz met the media this afternoon (I watched it on You Tube) he said one of the reasons Shaw was cut was because Anderson was pitching so well in Charlotte and deserved an opportunity.

So...

😆

• Haha 1

Watched the highlights.  This organization is dead.   Attendance was crazy awful tonight, and I don’t blame people for not going.   There’s no one on the Sox that would start for the Reds.  

• Like 2