Who would you pick to replace Grifol? Outside the box answers only.

Quin

For me there's only one answer. Someone who has put more thought into the White Sox lineup and how to get into opposing player's heads over the years than any other person.

Someone with an enduring legacy on the south side and across baseball as a whole, one of the greatest at their position.

• Haha 1

Tom Berenger. James Gammon would have been my first choice, but he is unavailable due to death, so I'll go with his protege.  They have succeeded in these circumstances before, why couldn't they do it again?

Despicable owner - Check

Team built to lose - Check

Stadium issues/threatening to leave city - Check

Terrible fan attendence - Check

Players that nobody knows - Check 

For those who say Berenger is too old, he is younger than another recent manager of ours.  

Edited by pcullotta
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Outside of the box?  For the White Sox?

A normal interview process where we bring in lots of outside candidates without connections to the owner or GM and we do honest interviews with them to learn what outside views of the organization look like so that we get a good and honest assessment of the on the field product and the best way to move forward.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2
  • Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Outside of the box?  For the White Sox?

A normal interview process where we bring in lots of outside candidates without connections to the owner or GM and we do honest interviews with them to learn what outside views of the organization look like so that we get a good and honest assessment of the on the field product and the best way to move forward.

This is quite the stretch

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Q said outside the box.  I can't imagine anything more outside of the box than baseball normalcy.

Listen, there is a difference between outside the box and outside the realm of possibility...

• Haha 4

Oh, jeez. Of course, the only right answer is to unceremoniously fire Grifol, and have a three week, in season managerial search. Bring in Buck Showalter, a couple other big names. Then hype the reveal after the top of the 5th inning of some game, and the new manager turns out to be...........

PEDRO GRIFOL!!!!! We were right all along!!!! 

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Oh, jeez. Of course, the only right answer is to unceremoniously fire Grifol, and have a three week, in season managerial search. Bring in Buck Showalter, a couple other big names. Then hype the reveal after the top of the 5th inning of some game, and the new manager turns out to be...........

PEDRO GRIFOL!!!!! We were right all along!!!! 

Don't want to waste a year.

This is really easy. I want JR in the dugout. Let him see and smell the stench of failure. Bonus if he runs out to defend a player after they get hit by pitch. 

• Love 3