Story on Sox trade possibilities...

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Decline the options on Moncada and Eloy

Non-tender Vaughn and Sheets

Trade Robert and Kopech

Pray for a miracle to rid themselves of Benintendi

De-stank the org.  

Fully on board with this. We need a complete flush.

54 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Yes

Sheets is still worth keeping/affordable. Play him at First Base.

Trade Robert and Kopech

Yes

Not gonna happen

De-stank the org.  

8 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Sheets has already come back to earth in the last week or so.  We will have to see where he is by the end of the season but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he is a non-tender candidate by the end of the year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sheets has already come back to earth in the last week or so.  We will have to see where he is by the end of the season but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he is a non-tender candidate by the end of the year.

Sheets has an .822 OPS and is not a liability at 1B or RF. He's also cheap. There's no reason to ditch him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Trade Robert and Kopech

De-stank the org.  

Really wish Getz had sold high on Robert last offseason. I wonder if he even tried?

On 5/3/2024 at 1:11 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Eloy: no value, would get like a PTBNL and a A baller.

Robert: needs to rehab value and prove he's healthy so no point in even talking about this until that (hopefully) happens by mid summer.

Moncada: no value, better player than Eloy but with contract situation, no surplus value.

Fedde: might get a legit top 100 prospect for him if you package him with Wilson or something.

Kopech: no value.

Rest of team: no real value.

We have the worst collection of MLB "talent" possibly ever assembled and the record reflects it. Maybe with Robert and Moncada healthy we'd have two more wins. We'd still be historically awful. We're not going to jumpstart any sort of rebuild with these guys.

Almost all of their core talent crashed and burned. Only a healthy Robert would make the grade. There is no coaching up, just down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Really wish Getz had sold high on Robert last offseason. I wonder if he even tried?

I‘m not sure there’s a team in baseball that could’ve or would’ve paid the prospect price for 4 years of Luis Robert. 2.5-3 could be different though 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Mentioning history is a hateful comment?

White Sox Baseball: never mind our history. Let’s just look the other way… towards the future

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

That opportunity was missed 105 years ago. 

This organization smells like a middle school bus just from the guys we added in the last 6 months.  Whatever we are doing is the equivalent of spraying Axe Body Spray on the situation instead of actually showering the problem away.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If you can do a burger type deal with Sheets, do it. A 2 WAR DH/1B isn't going to put us over the top anytime soon. Try and get a 50 FV type pitcher for him.

If he is a solid trade chip in July I will eat a crow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If he is a solid trade chip in July I will eat a crow.

Same, I guess we could only hope one of him or vaughn would turn it around. I'm shocked it's been Sheets so far, but hey, we gotta work with what we are working with. If Vaughn is the DFA candidate come offseason and Shields netted a prospect, fine, whatever. Just move on.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

To those of you who suggest the Sox trade Roberts, I suggest you go back to what you do best, delivering uber eats.

Strange comment. Also, they should absolutely be prepared to trade him this offseason.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

To those of you who suggest the Sox trade Roberts, I suggest you go back to what you do best, delivering uber eats.

Well nobody on the team has that name so I guess I will stick to laughing at absurd comments on this message board 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If you can do a burger type deal with Sheets, do it. A 2 WAR DH/1B isn't going to put us over the top anytime soon. Try and get a 50 FV type pitcher for him.

Sheets has been arguably our best bat this season so far and he has been worth a whopping 0.1 WAR.

He is not going to get anywhere close to 2 WAR.

31 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Given the complete incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness of this organization from top to bottom I have a hard time figuring out ANY way this franchise will be competitive over the next two-three years at least.

Therefore keeping Robert around while they continue to lose 95-100 games a year is just plain stupid. Get what you can for him while you can (before he seriously injures himself again).

If this team was an actual well run organization with a legit change to do something by all means you keep him, he's a great talent. But the Sox aren't close, if JR still owns the team he won't be extended so what good does it do you keeping him? 

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Given the complete incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness of this organization from top to bottom I have a hard time figuring out ANY way this franchise will be competitive over the next two-three years at least.

Therefore keeping Robert around while they continue to lose 95-100 games a year is just plain stupid. Get what you can for him while you can (before he seriously injures himself again).

If this team was an actual well run organization with a legit change to do something by all means you keep him, he's a great talent. But the Sox aren't close, if JR still owns the team he won't be extended so what good does it do you keeping him? 

The reason to keep him is that it's entertainment and we don't have much in that department.

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well nobody on the team has that name so I guess I will stick to laughing at absurd comments on this message board 

My favorite comments are the ones that are so angry, they can't even be bothered to get the right people in the organization to be mad about.