Are we allowed to get nervous about Moncada at this point?

ron883

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 05:12 AM)
An unsustainable, lucky .300 with limited sample size

We love to hate on our own. Jose Abreu, I salute you sir. You play for a horrific baseball team but you have continued to give 100 percent in meaningless games. Jose Abreu is a stud. Case closed.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2017 -> 09:12 PM)
An unsustainable, lucky .300 with limited sample size

You're telling me about sample size when you listed his last 16 games. My limited sample size is bigger than yours . I'm in no way implying Devers is or will be better than Moncada just don't like the lucky schtik, You have more chances to get lucky when you at least put the ball in play .

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
You're telling me about sample size when you listed his last 16 games. My limited sample size is bigger than yours . I'm in no way implying Devers is or will be better than Moncada just don't like the lucky schtik, You have more chances to get lucky when you at least put the ball in play .

I hate evaluating players with less than a few full seasons like this because no matter which range you use for their stats (even if that range is every MLB PA), the sample size will be small and likely insignificant. I get it though- he has looked good overall but I still think he's due for more regression.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 06:11 PM)
Whatever happened to "no we're not bringing this guy up this season"? I think maybe our expectations are not realistic. Some guys look great when there is a lot of talent around them.

That never happened, sorry. It was pretty universally agreed that once that super 2 time was up, unless he was complete dogs*** in the minors he was coming up

Please feel free to publish my next article on Future Sox any time in the next couple weeks.

" 'What's wrong with Courtney Hawkins and how to fix him'

By wite

What's wrong: he sucks.

How to fix him: Have ron start a post about him telling the Sox to get rid of him.' "

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 07:58 PM)
Sure. Nobody should have ever been down on him. Why? His pitch selection. His speed. His bat speed. The eye test.

I have been quiet for this whole thread, To be fair the eye test also told us he swung and missed a lot of pitches and was striking out at an alarming rate and if you can't put the bat on the ball that speed just makes a bigger woosh when you don't hit the pitches.

I never voiced my opinion because I am THAT guy who when guys start off hot I love them like Delmonico and the infamous Brent Morel when he hit 9 HR's one September. And when they do poorly I take the wait and see approach like with Moncada and Avi ,although with Avi I was pretty much always arguing with everyone and still do.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
Please feel free to publish my next article on Future Sox any time in the next couple weeks.

" 'What's wrong with Courtney Hawkins and how to fix him'

By wite

What's wrong: he sucks.

How to fix him: Have ron start a post about him telling the Sox to get rid of him.' "

:lol: