Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Beautiful - now build on it - also KWF - great to see you around - hope all is well!!! 

Good win. Needed that.

Now don’t do anything stupid on a rainy off day in Kansas City. Sleep. Watch movies. 

• Like 1

Giolito with the huge cajones to deliver the key start on a day the sox absolutely had to have it.   His mental fortitude has become an asset now, which is just wild.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I think a sweep of KC would do wonders for our mental health.  Let's get er done.

So the big negative on the scouting reports of Luis Robert was that he was easy to fool with off speed stuff and he had a poor approach at the plate. I barely saw him in the minors, but through 6 games his pitch recognition has been top notch, and he has crushed off speed stuff. He hss been mature beyond his years at the plate so far. He hasn't swung at much pitchers pitches, and he doesn't try too much at the plate. Robert has been lightyears past my expectations. 

• Like 5

Gio never worried me so I'm glad he got back on track today. the rest of this rotation needs to pick up the ball and keep the momentum going. Let's whoop KC this weekend and get on a roll

• Like 1

Pitching, aside from Colome’s agonizingly slow and sloppy ninth, was excellent.  Grandal and Eloy with nice at-bats when needed.  And Robert’s 2 RBI single was huge.

Nice win.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So the big negative on the scouting reports of Luis Robert was that he was easy to fool with off speed stuff and he had a poor approach at the plate. I barely saw him in the minors, but through 6 games his pitch recognition has been top notch, and he has crushed off speed stuff. He hss been mature beyond his years at the plate so far. He hasn't swung at much pitchers pitches, and he doesn't try too much at the plate. Robert has been lightyears past my expectations. 

Robert brings joy and love to all mankind.

Absolutely loved the way they scored in the 9th. Good ABs through the first six batters. I’m really glad Eloy got that sac fly after having a mediocre AB in his previous AB.

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

SUCK IT CLEVELAND!!!

👍🤘 that’s right @southsider2k5

Edited by hi8is

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

👍🤘

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Just not a funny attempt at wit and a horrible pun considering this climate.

Consider changing the post @southsider2k5?

You know what, you are probably right. Unlike some who feel the need to bring things down by repeating the same mistakes over and over again, I will fix it.

Glad to see them win, and glad to see Giolito right the ship. 

That being said, Colome sucks. He was out there throwing 93-94 mph fastballs. Clearly not the same guy. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Unlike some who feel the need to bring things down by repeating the same mistakes over and over again

Way to take the high road there! 😆 Guess you couldn’t resist?

Anyhow, Go Sox!

Is it just me or did the bottom of the 9th last half an hour? Colome's so slow.