Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

What a crazy fun season....that is 2 times in a week that hustling to beat out a potential dp is absolutely huge in the win.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Shoulder

Ah crap.  Any chance this is some normal soreness type thing given he was on the mend from previous injuries (vs. a new serious injury). I feel bad cause Rodon was is such a strong guy and his stuff was just electric.  

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Since we did it the other way, that’s like A 13.5 GAME WINNING STREAK!!

Lol was just thinking that. 

Just now, The Beast said:

People that thought the sky was falling in the game thread can all eat crow!

It's great that the White Sox won this game, but it doesn't change the fact that the starting rotation is now incredibly thin and we're only 10 games into the season.

1 minute ago, beautox said:

Great game, for so many years we would've lost that easily, this year is different. Pen has fresh faces that appear to be weapons; sign me up.

bullpen is as good as your offense, but yea, pen came through tonight as did the bats, as they have been.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Ah crap.  Any chance this is some normal soreness type thing given he was on the mend from previous injuries (vs. a new serious injury). I feel bad cause Rodon was is such a strong guy and his stuff was just electric.  

I’m personally not optimistic given his track record and massive the velocity drop was, but at this point it’s all simply speculation.

Great win.

Pretty sure Grandal had to deal with 5 strikes called outside of the zone tonight.  Brutal.

Pen is shaping up to be a real strength of this team.

3 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Great win.

Pretty sure Grandal had to deal with 5 strikes called outside of the zone tonight.  Brutal.

Pen is shaping up to be a real strength of this team.

Strike zone was rough. Maybe the hit on the head affected him? 

12 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

It all started with the Mazara blooper! 

Madrigal's presence just rubbing off on this team.

This team is gonna be something fun to watch if we can get Timmy healthy and find someone to hold down the back end of the rotation....real dangerous come playoff time 

the 4 and 5 spot is going to be rough going forward.. Cease needs to put his big boy pants on to help out this pen.

Foster, Detwiler, and Abreu deserve a lot of credit, but Robert getting a hit, taking 2 walks, and stealing 2 bases was huge

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

this is fun.

I think tonight was a little bit of turning point for me. They shouldn’t have won that game seeing as Rodon went 2 IP. They found a way. They had like 75 runners LOB but they still found a way to get the W. I guess my point is....I now feel like this team should win most nights...and it feels great. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tony said:

I think tonight was a little bit of turning point for me. They shouldn’t have won that game seeing as Rodon went 2 IP. They found a way. They had like 75 runners LOB but they still found a way to get the W. I guess my point is....I now feel like this team should win most nights...and it feels great. 

When is the inevitable WS matchup with the Padres? I Can't wait for the narrative about Tatis and Machado. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jack Parkman

I honestly think the LOB thing is a good thing. Ideally you want to hit a little better with RISP but that isn't really a sustainable skill (long term you expect to hit with RISP like without RISP even though in some years a team might hit .320 and in others 250 as a true talent. 280 team) but lots of LOB means you have a lot of baserunners to begin with.

6 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Foster, Detwiler, and Abreu deserve a lot of credit, but Robert getting a hit, taking 2 walks, and stealing 2 bases was huge

The bullpen continues to be a real strength. I realize we will see some wear and tear with the struggles of the starting pitching but the front office has certainly assembled a quality group of relievers. 

Foster looked really good last night.  I was concerned when Rodon was done after 2, but the pen saved the day again.

Jose continues to do Jose things - you know, drive in meaningless RBIs.

Robert is just a damn good ball player.

And as a side note, anyone who continues to b**** about the season being played should sign off SoxTalk until 2021.

• Thanks 1