Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Rick Renteria is gonna do everything within his power to make damn sure this team doesn't make the playoffs.  This motherfucker needs to be fired asap.  

I spoke last night about how a manager can lose and win games on the margins.  People like to poo poo lineup construction because at best it only results in about .1 run expectancy difference a game but when you add up mistakes at the margins like lineups, leaving pitchers in too long, not making the correct late inning subs and so on -- shit adds up.  At most it's 3-5 wins over a 162 game season but that matters.

I credit rick for not bunting this year but other than that he's doing a lot of the same moronic shit he's always done.

• Like 2

Rodan can't stay healthy Lopez just sucks.  Dallas did say relief or start when speaking of Hard Carl.  

The trust shown in Mazara and Edwin is rather baffling in this short season.  My guess is the mindset of the White Sox clubhouse is too fragile to release Edwin when he was brought to mentor people.

Leaving a guy with an ops over 1.000 ops and one home run per six at bats against the starting pitcher has got to be among the dumbest things RR has done yet. That is just inexcusable. Hahn ought to hire someone to throw cold water on him and slap him across the face before he makes the lineups out each day.

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Leaving a guy with an ops over 1.000 ops and one home run per six at bats against the starting pitcher has got to be among the dumbest things RR has done yet. That is just inexcusable. Hahn ought to hire someone to throw cold water on him and slap him across the face before he makes the lineups out each day.

So, you're not buying what Rickie is cooking?

49 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I spoke last night about how a manager can lose and win games on the margins.  People like to poo poo lineup construction because at best it only results in about .1 run expectancy difference a game but when you add up mistakes at the margins like lineups, leaving pitchers in too long, not making the correct late inning subs and so on -- shit adds up.  At most it's 3-5 wins over a 162 game season but that matters.

I credit rick for not bunting this year but other than that he's doing a lot of the same moronic shit he's always done.

For what its worth, that .1 runs per game over the course of a season is the difference between an optimal lineup and a typical lineup. The drop-off to bad or worst-case lineups is significantly more.

Examples of worst-case lineups are things like pitchers batting leadoff, so even RR isn't that bad, but there is an argument that batting people like EE so high makes his lineups much worse than typical. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I know everyone here loves to hate Renteria but do you honestly think with the advanced metrics department that he makes these lineups without input and approval from the front office?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Don't worry though, I'm sure we will get to see Sanchez in the game at some point instead!  RR says go with your gut!

7 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I do love some authentic Mexican food, but when it comes to baking a good pie, I prefer the Amish.

I went to HS with a kid who had amish relatives. One day he brought a strawberry rhubard pie to school. It was absolutely silly how good it was

• Like 1

For some reason I’m optimistic about Lopez tonight. This year seems magical (for lack of a better word). Seems like the unlikely happens and things usually break the Sox way. Maybe tonight Lopez will throw his one 14k start per year 🤷‍♂