9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill

Kyyle23

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Just sucks because a win in extras could have been a nice momentum after a tough little stretch and instead our coaching staff got cute and puts Ruiz in the highest of high leverage situations.

this whole roster is a bunch of weak minded chokers.  saw this outcome a mile away.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

It cost us an AB for Tim, so Grandal and his 230 average struck out instead

any other questions 😂

.........wow.

There are plenty of places to put the blame.

But not really on Tim, who voiced his opinion on a terrible night by an even more terrible umpire.

You want to call out Luis Robert's crap defense? Sure

Want to call out terrible bullpen usage? Ok.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Anyone watching that at bat saw his great swings against the fastball. Shame on the great James McCann for that bullshit

Don't care if you walk him. Just keep throwing sliders at his back foot. 

He was on the fastball at 97 up high and in. There was no way he was going to miss a fastball low and middle like the one he hit out. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Don't care if you walk him. Just keep throwing sliders at his back foot. 

He was on the fastball at 97 up high and in. There was no way he was going to miss a fastball low and middle like the one he hit out. 

And took an awful swing on the slider 

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

How does a team just fall completely apart like they are.   If you dont like Renteria he is digging his grave.  Cant wait to hear why colome was pulled and foster for that matter.

this team didn't fall apart.

The manager fell apart

• Like 1

Battling back was the only good take away today, Parrot got two hits, so hopefully he can build on that. Ricky should start both Engel and Dyson tomorrow, let Eloy DH and give Grandal another day off to heal, as he likely won't be 100% this soon. Give Giolito the best defense to win.

These are the types of games the team won as recently as a week ago, just a bad stretch of baseball at a very inopportune time. Glad it's this week and not next.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony said:

I believe he's 6 for his last 66. He's made some bad plays in the OF as well of late. I don't think fathom is totally off-base on that one. 

He needs to have more professional at bats. Slumping is one thing, but he’s barely putting a full swing on pitches early in the count.

• Like 1

I know we can't write the playoffs off as every team has a chance...BUT, this stretch here and our weakness in certain positions just proves to me we're still a year away.

Don't get me wrong, a GREAT season so far and we could still win it all...BUT, I will feel much better going in to next season upgrading RF, DH, Manager, etc.

Plus Luis will have an off season to work through the shit he's going through and take lessons on how to catch a ball at the wall.

Onward and upward.

Edited by RudyLawRules
  • Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 9/22 - White Sox @ Cleveland: Lopez vs Quantrill