4-7 GT: CWS @ SEA (3:10 PM CT)

Capn12

Just now, RagahRagah said:

Right now this doesn't even appear to be a team destined for .500.

The bullpen was the one thing I wasnt worried about with this team. Yet... I had to shake off a bad feeling.

Defense is little league.

Tony is indistinguishable from Ricky right now.

We aren't allowed to have nice things, it seems.

Without any other major injuries this team is still notably better than a well below .500 Mariners team. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

you have to think that leaving Foster in was probably due to Keuchel not going more than 5 IP, everyone has been getting work in the pen because the starters can't get QS's

Well, our defense didn’t exactly help him out there...

Just now, ptatc said:

That is another question entirely.  Foster was excellent last year. Just bad luck and bad results today 

He faded badly down the stretch. I think we also have to be careful judging 2020 pitching stats too much because we faced awful offenses.

12 minutes ago, beautox said:

TLR asleep again? must be the west coast road trip draining him.

Forth lead blown in seven.

Are they allowed to wake him if he’s sleeping, or would it be too intrusive to wake “a legit hall of famer and person”?

We all booed La Russa his last few years in Chicago, nice to see people don’t change. Perhaps he can give Madrigal and others some syringes, seemed to work in Oakland and Saint Louis.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

He faded badly down the stretch. I think we also have to be careful judging 2020 pitching stats too much because we faced awful offenses.

Then what is his excuse...these Mariners blow!!!

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Simple observation is this team isn’t good right now. Lineup is a joke and the overall pitching has been a disappointment.

Yeah, lots of talent, but they aren't a good team yet.  Or at least right now.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It makes winning baseball games really tough when two relievers are unavailable 5 days a week. Sure it looks great on the days when they can pitch but the other days are going to be a matchup nightmare.   

Who are the 2? More relievers would be available if they had to pitch instead of kopech taking those units.

I don't see why Crochet us unavailable unless he threw too many pitches the other day. Then it really doesn't matter based on your plan.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Cut? I think he should get the death penalty. 

Jesus christ, the takes a re getting hotter-

Burns the screen man. I love Charing chating with a lot of folks here but its getting bad

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, our defense didn’t exactly help him out there...

We don't put runners on 2nd and third on that bad throw and we probably get at least one out on the infield single that followed.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Didn't seattle have a really big inning in their first series?

Yeah they came back down 6-1 against SF. I'm surprised they won 2 of 3 against the Giants.

• Thanks 1

I don’t agree that this is the manager’s fault. It’s early in the season and the starter is knocking on the door of 100 pitches. We are supposed to have one of the best bullpens in the Majors so be LaRusa uses it. The relief corp has been less than stellar five out of seven games. LaRussa makes the moves and the players are supposed to perform 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Agreed. But he wasn't left out there due to poor bullpen construction. 

• Thanks 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic