The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

TLR really just needs to STFU. Stop dragging this on. Just stop answering questions about this. It just keeps getting worse.

This. He is making it worse and worse every time he tries to dig in.

On the other hand, I'm sure the FO would like to see him continue to dig his own grave. If it really turns into a big deal, there is an open fissure with the lockerroom and the team goes into a tailspin on the field, its possible RH and KW could then force JRs hand.

21 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

That is where my head is too.  FO knows it will fall on deaf ears and don't want to rock the boat.

Rock the boat? This shits the titanic. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob

TLR doesn't understand that in today's game, the players have much more of a voice, they don't need a media guy in front of them to reach the fanbase, they are often more available and better connected to the fanbase than the FO and managers are, who would typically speak to the media, and the owners don't have the same levels of control over them as in the past.

TLR can die off with hopefully a bunch of other dumb bullshit in the next CBA.  Hopefully Manfred, JR, TLR, Chris Woodward, etc. all these clowns are strapped to a rocket and shot at the sun.  I get the point and purpose of some of these "unwritten rules" when they are legitimately about respect and keeping players safe, but HRing off of any one in any count is just dumb and any fan of any team should only be happy and fine if their player homered, and only mad at their own team and pitcher if the opposition homered.  Regardless of player, situation, count, etc.  HRs are legal last I checked.

• Like 1

Just now, StrangeSox said:

what is this magical threshold of "enough runs" where you should disrespect the other team by not playing baseball properly and essentially telling them they aren't a threat to beat you?

I vote 100, because there is no clock in baseball.

"You're too shitty and too far behind to ever possibly come back" is so much more insulting than continuing to play the game hard and score runs when able. Dinosaur baseball "unwritten rules" don't even make sense.

If the Twins didn't want the Sox to score any more runs, they could have either played better or forfeited the game.

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

what is this magical threshold of "enough runs" where you should disrespect the other team by not playing baseball properly and essentially telling them they aren't a threat to beat you?

crybabies like Woodward and Tony think a 7 run lead is unsurmountable and warrants a 3-0 take. Let that sink in.. 7+ run innings are rare, but I have seen my fair share of them.

37 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

It's remarkable to me that if Yermin had gone up there and just stood there like a pitcher in 2021 and struck out on 3 pitches down the heart of the plate he'd be respecting the game far more than hitting that homerun according to TLR.

obvious exception:

fa1bbbaaa0279bce675943a25a804d7e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Basically as an organization we spent decades driving around a 15 year old GM sedan.  We decided to finally invest in a Porsche after saving up for years to do it.  Then we handed the keys to a guy who doesn't know how to drive a stick and we are hoping doesn't destroy the transmission before he figures out how to drive it.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If Yermin took the pitch and it was called a strike, what happens the next pitch? Is he then allowed to try, and if so, doesn't that show how dumb that unwritten rule is?

Exactly. If they didn’t want him to hit they shouldn’t have thrown in the strike zone. This is ducking ludicrous

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Basically as an organization we spent decades driving around a 15 year old GM sedan.  We decided to finally invest in a Porsche after saving up for years to do it.  Then we handed the keys to a guy who doesn't know how to drive a stick and we are hoping doesn't destroy the transmission before he figures out how to drive it.

Don’t forget that guy is also probably drunk.

A tired joke? Yeah, but you served it up on a tee.

• Fire 2

19 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

lol... love jomboy... 

if you guy haven't watched this you should - TLR ugh man just go away.

Enjoyed how he said the old school "tough guys" are really the biggest babies if you look at their beliefs.

Edited by harkness99

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I wonder how many free agents are going to be beating down the door to play for Tony this offseason.

I just hope to all hell this is a 1 year thing, and TLR walks away. The Sox are very very likely a playoff team (80% per FG) so I jsut don't see him getting fired after a playoff appearance if things calm down, but maybe he just keeps making asshat comments weekly to the point that he leaves the org no choice.    It sucks to hope for clubhouse turmoil, but that is probably our best chance at a normal manager in 22.