Trevor Story

soxfan49

On 7/6/2021 at 8:29 AM, manbearpuig said:

Does anyone else feel like if they pulled the trigger on Story, they should move Anderson to 2B? You get the most value out of him as a rental at SS as, from what I've read, he's the better defender.

Neither TA or Story have ever played 2B for their teams. This trade is never happening. It's great to add a great good hitter like Story but it comes with a cost. You would have to give up several key prospects in our farm system for a short term rental and then he is gone as FA in '22. That would be stupid. This has nothing to do with who is a better fielder. Our problem is not 2B, its our bullpen and outfield. Hopefully we can add a strong bullpen pitcher by deadline and soon Robert and Eloy will be back by early Aug. I think we can survive in our weak division with Cleveland until they get back. 

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Neither TA or Story have ever played 2B for their teams. This trade is never happening. It's great to add a great good hitter like Story but it comes with a cost. You would have to give up several key prospects in our farm system for a short term rental and then he is gone as FA in '22. That would be stupid. This has nothing to do with who is a better fielder. Our problem is not 2B, its our bullpen and outfield. Hopefully we can add a strong bullpen pitcher by deadline and soon Robert and Eloy will be back by early Aug. I think we can survive in our weak division with Cleveland until they get back. 

Yes.  The only way Story comes here is if Timmy gets hurt.  God Forbid.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, Sleepy Harold said:

I'd never thought I'd see the day where Trevor Story isn't needed on the White Sox because Leury Garcia has now got his batting average up to .251. 

Just to interject another point about Leury; He now has as many RBI's as Moncada, in fewer at bats. He has actually played very well. Nevertheless, you all know that I believe that the Sox need one impactful, middle of the order LH bat. The RH hitting T. Story is not the answer and would be too expensive. I still think it will be Escobar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Just to interject another point about Leury; He now has as many RBI's as Moncada, in fewer at bats. He has actually played very well. Nevertheless, you all know that I believe that the Sox need one impactful, middle of the order LH bat. The RH hitting T. Story is not the answer and would be too expensive. I still think it will be Escobar. 

I’m kinda thinking they should just play Leury at 2B and upgrade the pen. Maybe 2 relievers.

Just now, manbearpuig said:

I’m kinda thinking they should just play Leury at 2B and upgrade the pen. Maybe 2 relievers.

Leury would be fine, as someone to fill the hole at 2B. However, he cannot fill the void left by Grandal, which is a LH run producer. This injury decimated roster is currently only fielding one bonafide big time power and RBI producer. That glaring deficiency is likely to become more apparent, over the next 4 to 6 weeks.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

I don't like having Leury stuck at a single position and unable to move around as needed. Now, if the 2B market isn't reasonable then that's a good backup plan, but I'd like to see Escobar at 2B and let Leury platoon with Hamilton in RF until Robert is back and then fill in elsewhere as needed.

13 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

The pen does need help and also need some major power from the left side. Without Grandal our leading HR hitters are Abreu (15) and Vaughn (8) Next would be Yermin (7) and he is gone. TA is next with 6, After him with 5 is Eaton (gone) Lamb (injured) and Moncada.

I don't think it can be stressed enough that either Escobar, Gallo or both are needed.

I just counted there are 134 hitters now with 9 or more HR's which amounts to 4+ per team. The Sox currently have 1.*

* 1 because of injury ( otherwise 2) and among the 134  I did not take injured players out since the HR lists do not specify who is currently active.

Need some one who can play multiple positions and hit that is a FA at the end of the season. With all of the injuries we need coverage in case (God forbid) TA, Montana. Etc. Get hurt and Leury isn't it. He is a nice role player but we need some one starting caliber. Great teams have good players on thr bench and we need 1 more. Story or Escobar fit the bill 

53 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Moncada has been a massive disappointment.  I'm sure I'll take some flak for saying that but I'm sure I'm not the only Sox fan on these boards who agrees, this was the main piece for Sale remember.

I was just thinking about the Sale trade along with the others, Eaton and Quintana. I don't remember how many years each of them had left or the amount of money left on their extended contracts.

But when you compare them to what Texas might be asking for 1.4 years of Gallo I just shake my head. I don't really know if Gallo is on the market but Texas would be nuts not to trade him now. If he isn't traded I can only guess he wasn't on the market or they are going to resign him which would be a big mistake.

Good luck with your rebuild Texas if you aren't going to trade in your chips and keep expecting a Sale like return for Gallo who is .4 of a season away from being a rental.

12 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Open up all the responses from Portillo’s tweet. Some guy named Hoodie Bob is hearing that it’s the Cardinals.

You gotta stop reading that trash.  That guy made the most vague bullshit statement about Story getting traded And people treat it like gold.  he is saying that a 2022 free agent on a dog shit team is gonna get traded somewhere soon but he doesn't know specifics, come on.  This isn't news, everyone knows he is gonna be traded 

• Like 1