Sign in to follow this  
South Side Hit Men

Eloy's Groin Injury Thread

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Well, so much for protecting him at DH.

No kidding. Ironically he gets hurt while at DH. Although realistically he probably was sore from the running and moving the day before.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No kidding. Ironically he gets hurt while at DH. Although realistically he probably was sore from the running and moving the day before.

yeah.. this to me was an effect from the day before.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well, so much for protecting him at DH.

Tray was right all along

Seems like like nothing. Day off tomorrow and see him back out there Friday hopefully. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Is it wrong to treat a man's groin to get rid of some tightness? No counselor, I think not.

• Haha 2

Tony said pregame Eloy is still being evaluated.

Eloy Jimenez (groin) is not in the White Sox starting lineup on Thursday afternoon against the Royals.

No surprise after he made an early exit on Wednesday due to groin tightness. White Sox manager Tony La Russa said in his pregame chat with the media on Thursday that Jimenez was still being evaluated. Look for another update later.

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony said pregame Eloy is still being evaluated.

Eloy Jimenez (groin) is not in the White Sox starting lineup on Thursday afternoon against the Royals.

No surprise after he made an early exit on Wednesday due to groin tightness. White Sox manager Tony La Russa said in his pregame chat with the media on Thursday that Jimenez was still being evaluated. Look for another update later.

That doesn't sound great

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

That doesn't sound great

When he was pulled wasn’t a day or two off planned?

Tony said post game he has nothing "official" to add at this point. They will give it 24-48 hours and see how he is.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony said post game he has nothing "official" to add at this point. They will give it 24-48 hours and see how he is.

That doesn't sound encouraging. If it wasn't serious they probably would have said so already. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

That doesn't sound encouraging. If it wasn't serious they probably would have said so already. 

So he’s out for the weekend series likely...good lord.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

We can’t catch a break.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Damn there goes our big trade deadline addition 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I'm thinking he comes back this weekend, probably give him any extra day off so that he is 100% clear on Saturday in whatever role. Tony didn't seem to upset about it, just hadn't checked with the trainers after the game.

So is it first year head athletic trainer James Kruk's fault or what?  Nobody can jog without a soft tissue injury.  

I looked back at his 3rd AB yesterday. He swung and missed the first pitch and something seemed to bother him. He was kind of stretching his leg after the swing. Then he lined out to first and hobbled down the line with his bat in his hand. I'm thinking he may have tweaked it in his 1st AB when he ran down the line hard on a grounder to SS. 

I am hopeful they're just being cautious.  I would imagine he'll be back tomorrow or Saturday.  Not great tho, that is for sure.  

Jimenez being made of glass really sucks

Constantly is dealing with injuries

• Like 2