08/18 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, manbearpuig said:

3 games in the past 10 days, as well as a team day off? And he DH'd a game or two in that time.

This is what I was looking at yesterday.  it could be just getting a guy some down time who has played his first full season in pro ball, but it seems like a lot of down time all in one stretch, especially with a short bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is what I was looking at yesterday.  it could be just getting a guy some down time who has played his first full season in pro ball, but it seems like a lot of down time all in one stretch, especially with a short bench.

Seems like he has an achy knee or ankle with this much time off in a short stretch.

Just now, ptatc said:

Seems like he has an achy knee or ankle with this much time off in a short stretch.

That was exactly what I was wondering about.  Andrew Vaughn has been really hot as a hitter, so it seems like a weird time to be giving him load management.

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

Lamb went deep yesterday so I get giving him another start tonight.

Lamb has been an underutilized weapon IMO.  Has some real power and hasn't embarrassed himself with the glove that I remember.  

Just now, poppysox said:

Lamb has been an underutilized weapon IMO.  Has some real power and hasn't embarrassed himself with the glove that I remember.  

He was bad at 1st but fine in the outfield.

I've found it odd how little they've let him play 3rd since that is his position ostensibly